LIGHT UP YOUR HOLIDAY!
Celebrate the kick off of ChristmasTown USA with a festive 5K under the lights. Join 1200 of your closest friends in the jolliest town in the area for a fun 5K race.
The light show doesn’t officially begin until Dec 1st but participants in the Christmastown 5K get a sneak peek of all that’s involved in the nationally recognized holiday display. The race, held on Saturday, November 25th, is a great way to get an up close look at Christmas Town USA without the traffic.
When: Saturday November 25th
Where: Race start is at Park Road, just west of the Pharr Family YMCA
Who should go: Anyone who loves Christmas, small towns and incredibly large numbers of tiny little lights.
Race is limited to the first 1200 participants.
Race Shirts – Shirts are ordered based on the preference selected at the time of registration. We cannot guarantee shirts to runners who register the week of the race. Please register early to ensure you receive a shirt.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers.
Will the ChristmasTown 5K fill?
Yes! The race filled up on Tuesday, November 22nd in 2016. The race is limited to 1200 participants. Early registration is suggested.
How do I register online for the this event?
- Registration Instructions – Click here
- Click here to register for the event via your YMCA account
- OR email Susan Mosk at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance
- Once there, click the race you want to run and then click the green button on the right to register
- To complete registration you will need to log in to your account or create one if you are not currently in our registration system.
- The box on the left is used to log in with your email and password if you already have an account online.
- The middle box is for those who have participated at our Y in the past but have not registered online and need a password.
- The box on the right is for those new to our registration system.
- For those new to our registration system – Online registration requires you to sign up in our database. Please choose any branch and then “participant” as your membership type if you do not wish to join our Y.
Will there be an early packet pickup?
Yes, and this is encouraged! Packet pick up times and locations will be updated closer to race day.
Where will the 5K go? Is it certified by US Track & Field
Can I walk the 5K?
The 5K is open to walkers and runners alike. However, be mindful of runners competing. There will be a one hour limit for walkers to complete the race.
Will the ChristmasTown Lights be on?
The lights will be on for the runners and walkers to enjoy. However, they will be turned off after the race has been completed.
I see registration is full. Is there ANY way I can run the 5K?
Once we have reached the capacity. This number was based on the recommendation by the experts from US Track & Field, Cramerton Police, and race committee approval.
Where should I park?
McAdenville streets will close by 4:30pm and not open until the last runner completes the race.
Prior to this time, parking is available at the field next to Pharr Yarns corporate office by the Carstarphen Bridge. Parking and shuttle transportation will also be at Lowell Presbyterian Church, beginning at 4:30PM.
I am unable to attend the race? What should I do?
Unfortunately, race fees are non-refundable.
Can I wear headphones, run with my pet or push a baby stroller?
Headphones and strollers are allowed, but please be aware and cautious of your surroundings. The course has plenty of hills! Be ready!
Pets are prohibited.
How many water stops are there?
There will be four water stops for the 5K. Each time the race passes the roundabout water will be available!
What awards can I expect for my fantastic performance?
Medals for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd per gender and in increments of five year age groups will be awarded. There will also be awards for 1st place Male and Female. The post party will be held in the Pharr Family YMCA gymnasium near the finish line.
What does my race fee support?
Your fees support the Pharr Family YMCA and the McAdenville Women’s Club.
Are there other ChristmasTown activities?
Yes! We would love to have you celebrate with us!
Dates and activities will be updated as they are scheduled.