What is NetworX?
Weekly Meetings are the core of NETworX. They include shared meals, time for relationship-building and mutual accountability, goal setting, and celebration.
At the end of the class, graduates are matched in groups to support and encourage one another to continue the journey of moving towards well-being together.
Transformation takes time.
Participants are asked to dedicate 18—36 months in order to:
- Rethink Poverty
- Reframe Solutions
- Reshape Community
What is a Champion of Change?
A Champion of Change is an individual who wants to improve his/her life and make changes to move toward greater well-being. In this training program, participants will begin to assess their own strengths and resources and identify areas they want to improve.
Criteria to be a Champion:
- Strong desire to make life changes
- Commitment to participate in weekly sessions for 12—18 months following graduation.
- Willing to build relationships
- Stable residence
- Not actively abusing drugs or alcohol
- Committed to non-violent problem solving and addressing mental health needs
Who is an Ally?
An Ally is an individual working alongside Champions to rethink obstacles to abundant living. NETworX Allies participate weekly shared meals and education sessions. Allies are not mentors or coaches; allies are friends whose knowledge, experience, and relationships support the restoration of abundant living.
Visit the Gaston County Family YMCA website to apply to be a Champion or Ally today.
Click HERE to request a NetworX application
How can you get involved?
There are several ways you can get involved including:
- Apply to be a Champion or Ally.
- Refer others who may be interested.
- Volunteer to help with Childcare.
- Provide one of the weekly community meals.
- Provide transportation to and from a weekly meeting.
- Sponsor a Champion
Networx National http://www.networxusa.org/#!national-network/j0tn0