The Y is dedicated to providing high quality, affordable, age-appropriate afterschool enrichment for your child when you cannot be there yourself. The program is available from school dismissal until 6:00 pm following the Gaston County School calendar. Children are served at both School Based Sites and at YMCA sites. Take a look at the information below to see where your child would participate. The YMCA Afterschool Enrichment program is open to all. Financial assistance is available.
2017 – 2018 Registration & Information
- Youth Parent Handbook – Click Here
- Registration Form – Click Here
- Year Round Agreement – Click Here
- Register ONLINE NOW! – Click Here
- Afterschool Information At-A-Glance (Stowe)- Click Here
- Afterschool Information At-A-Glance (Central)- Click Here
Afterschool Registration Information
The YMCA serves 37 schools across the county!
- Schools Served –
- Beam Intermediate, Belmont Central, Brookside, Carr, Cherryville Elementary, Costner, Gardner Park, Grier Middle, Ida Rankin, Hawk’s Nest, HH Beam, Lingerfeldt, Lowell, New Hope, Page Primary, Piedmont Charter Elementary and Middle, Pinewood, Pleasant Ridge, Robinson, Sadler, Sherwood, Southwest Middle, St. Michael’s Catholic School, Victory Christian, WA Bess, Webb Street School, Woodhill and York Chester Middle.
- Member $52, Program Participants $77 + $47 registration fee/child
- Stowe Family YMCA Site (schools transported) –
- Stowe – Catawba Heights, HolbrookMiddle, Ida Rankin, McAdenville, North Belmont, Belmont Middle, Cramerton Middle, Mt. Holly Middle
- Elementary School – Member $62, Program Participants $87 + $47 registration fee/child
- Middle School – Member $52, Program Participants $77 + $47 registration fee/child
- Schools Served –
Year Round Program
The YMCA offers a Year Round Pricing program that provides care for an entire year with an equal weekly draft. This program starts on the first day of school 2017 and ends on the last day of summer camp 2018. All Teacher Work Days, Half Days, Holiday Camp, Spring Break Camp, Afterschool, and Summer Camp are included. At the time of registration they must select an Afterschool site and a camp site.
- School Based Site – Member $68, Program Participants $92 + $47 registration fee/child
- YMCA Based Site transported – Member $79, Program Participants $106 + $47 registration fee/child
Year Round Agreement – Click Here
Financial Assistance is available through the YMCA. Please use the form below to apply. Early registration is encouraged.
Gaston County School Employee Discount
All full time Gaston County School employees qualify for a discount on both your YMCA Membership and Afterschool Care of 35%. Year-Round Programming is not eligible for this discount.
Afterschool Added Benefit Programs
The YMCA is excited to offer four special programs to these students. Registration in these programs includes transportation from their afterschool site. Parent pick up is directly from program staff.
Click below to learn more about these special programs.
- Gymnastics – Transported to Pharr Family YMCA
- Dance – Transported to Pharr Family YMCA
- Swim Lessons – Central and Stowe Family YMCAs
- Swim Club – Central and Stowe Family YMCAs
Teacher Work Day
Childcare is included with all current Afterschool and Year Round participants. These days are held at the Central and Stowe Family YMCAs from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm, students must arrive by 10:00 am. This program is provided with no additional fee to your weekly draft. Children not currently registered in YMCA Afterschool can sign up for Teacher Work Days if space is available.
Holiday and Spring Break Camp
The YMCA offers full day care during extended school breaks at both the Central and Stowe YMCA locations. Full day care, 7:00 am – 6:00 pm, will be provided for all registered at either a daily or weekly rate. Students registered for After School and/or Summer Camp at the YMCA are not automatically registered or charged for this program. Specific Registration is necessary.
- Teacher Work Day and Holiday Camp Information and Registration Form – Coming Soon!
- NEW! Spring Break Swim Camp offered at Stowe
Gaston County Girls on the Run
YMCA Afterschool supports the Gaston County Girls on the Run program. We welcome children participating in both programs and will coordinate their transition during afterschool hours. This is subject to program site availability. Click here for more information and to register for the GOTR program.
- Central YMCA – Andrew Campbell, email@example.com, 704-865-8551
- Cherryville Family YMCA – Sharon Padgett, firstname.lastname@example.org, 704.865.8551
- South Gaston Family YMCA – Abby Isom, email@example.com, 704.865.2193
- Stowe Family YMCA – Mandy Lail, firstname.lastname@example.org, 704.822.9622
- Accounts Manager (South, Central, Cherryville)- Jean Springer, email@example.com, 704.865.8551
- Program Administrator (Stowe)- Kelly Davis, firstname.lastname@example.org, 704.822.9622