FIVE SIGNS A CHILD IS STRUGGLING WITH SUMMER HUNGER
Summer can be an anxiety-provoking time for 16 million kids across the U.S. who are struggling with hunger at home. The end of every school year means lost access to free and reduced-price lunches that provide regular nutrition to growing bodies. For a child who does not receive regular, healthy meals at home, the summer months may feel extra long. Click here for the full article.
The Gaston County Family YMCA is happy to partner with Gaston County School Nutrition to offer 12 summer feeding locations. Lunch is provided for all children 18 years and under.
- Catawba Heights Neighborhood Park – 101 Beaty Road Mt. Holly
- Holly Hills Apartments – 635 Noles Dr. Mt. Holly
- Lineberger Park -632 E Garrison Blvd, Gastonia, NC 28054 (lower park, not splash pad)
- Smyre – 2851 Millstone Drive, Gastonia NC 28054
- Page Primary – Beginning 6/21 this site will move down the street to Flowers Court Apartments. Please join us at Flowers Court Apartments!
In conjunction with Y Summer Day Camp:
- Stowe Family YMCA – 196 YMCA Drive Belmont
- Pharr Family YMCA – 208 Main Street McAdenville
- Central YMCA – 615 W. Franklin Blvd Gastonia
- Robinson Elementary School – 3122 Union Rd, Gastonia
- Cherryville Elementary School – 700 E. Academy Cherryville
- St. Michael’s Catholic School (select weeks) – 708 St Michaels Ln, Gastonia, NC 28052
- Piedmont Charter Elementary School (select weeks) – 119 E Second Ave, Gastonia
A complete list of sites provided through Gaston County School Nutrition will be available soon! Please stay tuned then SHARE it with any child you know!
Are you interested in volunteering? We would love your help serving lunch and playing games with children throughout Gaston County. Please consider sharing an hour or two with us!
We will contact you with more information asap! Please contact Molly D’Avria at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.