Join the Gaston County Family YMCA for Youth Basketball 2017—2018. This recreational league focuses on fundamentals, teamwork, confidence, and refining physical skills.
Who: Ages 3—13 year olds
Practice Locations and Information: All practices and games will be at the Stowe Family YMCA in Belmont. Practice options are on Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday based on volunteer coach availability. Preferred practice days/times will be taken at the time of registration but cannot be guaranteed.
- 9 – 13 Leagues – Our 9 – 10 year old league and 11 – 13 year old league will participate in a draft on December 6th. All teams will have practice one time per week, Monday, Tuesday or Thursday.
- 9-10 year old league draft – December 5th at 6:00 pm
- 11-13 year old league draft – December 5th at 7:00 pm
- Games will begin January 12th and 13th, 2018. There will be a break from December 25th through January 1st for the holiday season.
Season: Practices begin the week of December 11th. Games begin January 12th and 13th, 2018. 3-4 year-olds, 5-6 year olds, and 7-8 year olds will play on Saturday mornings. The 9-10 year olds and 11-13 year-olds will play games on Friday evenings. Games will take place at the Stowe Family YMCA and the Pharr Family YMCA. Make up games may be during the week.
Registration: Now – December 4, 2017
Late registration will result in a $10/child late fee if space remains.
Cost: Members – $55 Program Participants – $80
Volunteer Coaches Needed: Please consider volunteering to make an impact in your community and a hero for your child. Coaches are giving first choice of practice day and time. All coaches must fill out a volunteer form, click here for an online form. Coaches Meeting is Monday, December 4, 6:00 pm, at the Stowe Family YMCA.
- Click here for instructions on registering online!
- Printable Information Available – Youth Basketball Registration Form
- REGISTER ONLINE HERE
Contact Michael Stout with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704.822.9622.