VOLUNTEER AT THE STOWE FAMILY YMCA
From reading to an Afterschool group, to giving tours of the Y, to serving snacks at special events there is a volunteer opportunity that fits each and every one! With a focus on Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility the YMCA in Gaston County meets the needs of the community. Y volunteers give men, women, and children of all ages and from all walks of life the resources and support they need to be healthy, confident, connected, and secure.
FEB 13 VOLUNTEER TRAINING EVENT
- Interested volunteers must be 18 years of age or older
- Interested volunteers must reverse their seat online or at the front desk by 2/9
- Interested volunteers must complete a Gaston County Schools online volunteer application prior to the training at www.gastonschoolvolunteers.com
What other volunteer opportunities are available?
We like to match potential volunteers to a meaningful experience. If there is an activity you are interested in, we will work with you to find an opportunity that matches your interest and meets the needs of the Y. Opportunities include:
- Read/crafts to an Afterschool group
- Greeter at the Y
- Homework helper
- Swim Lesson assistant
- Annual Giving Campaign Campaigner
- AND MORE!
How do I get started?
Contact the Program Administrator, Kelly Davis, to discuss our volunteer program and provide more information. A background screen and volunteer application is required. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-822-9622
Stowe Family YMCA
196 YMCA Dr.
Belmont NC, 28012