Participate in the Spencer Mountain 10K & 5K this year! Proceeds benefit LIVESTRONG at the YMCA.
Saturday, November 3.
The 10K race begins at @ 7:30 a.m. and the 5K begins at 8:00 a.m. at Warlick School, 1316 Spencer Mtn. Road, Gastonia, NC 28054. Some GPS devices may note this as Ranlo, NC.
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA is a twelve-week, small group program designed for adult cancer survivors. This program fulfills the important need of supporting the increasing number of cancer survivors who find themselves in the transitional period between completing their cancer treatment and the shift to feeling physically and emotionally strong enough to attempt to return to their normal life or their “new normal”. The program is conducted outside of medical facilities to emphasize that LIVESTRONG at the YMCA is about health, not disease.
- $25 Y Members, $30 Program Participants
- Additional $10 Week of Registration
- $30 Y Members, $35 Program Participants
- Additional $10 Week of Registration
- Register online today – Click here
- Download a printable registration form – Click here
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers.
How do I register online for the Spencer Mountain 10K or 5K?
- For instructions on how to register online – click here
- Registration – Coming Soon!
- Select the race you would like to run
- Click the race distance for any details and then the green button on the right to register
- To complete registration you will need to log in to your account or create one if you are not currently in our registration system. The box on the left is used to log in with your email and password if you already have an account online. The middle box is for those who have participated at our Y in the past but have not registered online and need a password. The box on the right is for those new to our registration system.
- For those new to our registration system – Online registration requires you to sign up in our database. Please choose any default branch and then “participant” as your membership type if you do not wish to join our Y.
Will there be an early packet pickup?
- Yes! Early packet pick up will be Friday, November 2 at the Warlick Family YMCA, 2221 Robinwood Road Gastonia from 1PM – 5PM.
- Day of Race packet pick up will be in the Warlick School gymnasium from 6:30 am to 7:30 am.
Can I walk the 10K or 5K?
The 5K is open to walkers and runners alike. However, the 10 K course is limited to 1 1/2 hours so we can fully open up the roads to traffic.
Where should I park?
NEW! There are THREE places to park for this race!
- Ranlo Baptist Church, 1517 Spencer Mountain Road Ranlo, one block north of the school
- Soccer Fields behind Warlick School
- Volunteer Parking – South Warlick parking lot
There will be YMCA volunteers directing traffic. Please look for them in safety vests.
Can I wear headphones, run with my pet or push a baby stroller?
Headphones are allowed, but please be aware and cautious of your surroundings. We try to lessen as much traffic as possible, but realize we cannot close off 6.2 miles. Pets are not allowed for the safety of all runners. Strollers are allowed for the 5K (good luck).
How many water stops are there?
There are two water stops for the 5K and four water stops for the 10K. Please stay hydrated.
What awards can I expect for my performance?
Medals for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd per gender and in increments of five year age groups will be awarded. Grand masters winners for over 50 years old will receive awards.
My family wants to volunteer. How can they?
Great! We love volunteer and need them to make this race possible. Please contact Sharon Stephens at email@example.com.
Are you interested in sponsoring this event?
If you are interested in sponsoring this or a different race please contact Sharon Stephens today!
Where does my hard earned money go for this race?
Your fees support the LIVESTRONG at the YMCA program. Click here for more details.
More questions? Feel free to contact Race Director Sharon Stephens at firstname.lastname@example.org or (704) 830-9622.