Ensuring A Brighter Future
The YMCA provides a quality, Christian-oriented experience that is safe, fun, and convenient. Y Afterschool operates throughout Gaston County providing enrichment from school dismissal until 6:00 pm daily. During this time we aim to shape character by modeling, teaching, and reinforcing positive values to all students. The YMCA believes in the character development traits of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Faith. The YMCA offers two on-site Afterschool locations and fifteen off-site locations throughout the county.
Afterschool Registration Information
The YMCA hosts 15 sites across Gaston County, 13 are onsite at the school and two YMCAs, Central and Stowe, also offer the program.
- School Based Site –
- Belmont Central, Brookside, Carr, Cherryville Elementary, Costner, Gardner Park, Lowell, New Hope, Page Primary, Pinewood, Robinson, Sherwood, WA Bess, and Hawk’s Nest (hosted at Robinson)
- Member $51, Program Participants $74 + $47 registration fee/child
- YMCA Based Site (schools transported) –
- Central – Pleasant Ridge, Grier Middle, York Chester Middle, WC Friday Middle, Sadler, Woodhill, HH Beam, Piedmont Charter Elementary & Middle, Lingerfeldt, Holbrook Middle, Victory Christian, St. Michael, WC Friday Middle.
- Stowe – Catawba Heights, Ida Rankin, McAdenville, North Belmont, Belmont Middle, Cramerton Middle, Mt. Holly Middle
- Elementary School – Member $61, Program Participants $84 + $47 registration fee/child
- Middle School – Member $51, Program Participants $74 + $47 registration fee/child
Youth Parent Handbook – Download Here
Registration Form – Download Here
Year Round Program
The YMCA offers a Year Round Pricing program that provides care for an entire year with an equal weekly draft. This program starts on the first day of school 2016 and ends on the last day of summer camp 2017. All Teacher Work Days, Half Days, Holiday Camp, Spring Break Camp, Afterschool, and Summer Camp are included. At the time of registration they must select an Afterschool site and a camp site.
- School Based Site – Member $66, Program Participants $92 + $47 registration fee/child
- YMCA Based Site transported – Member $77, Program Participants $102 + $47 registration fee/child
Year Round Agreement – Click Here
Financial Assistance and DSS Vouchers
Financial Assistance is available through the YMCA. Please use the form below to apply. Three sites accept DSS Vouchers – Central YMCA onsite, Gardner Park Elementary, and Sherwood Elementary. Early registration is encouraged.
Gaston County School Employee Discount
All full time Gaston County School employees qualify for a discount on both your YMCA Membership and Afterschool Care of 35%.
Afterschool Added Benefit Programs
The YMCA is excited to offer four special programs to these students. Registration in these programs includes transportation from their afterschool site. Parent pick up is directly from program staff.
Click below to learn more about these special programs.
- Gymnastics – Transported to Pharr Family YMCA
- Dance – Transported to Pharr Family YMCA
- Swim Lessons – Central and Stowe Family YMCAs
- Swim Club – Central and Stowe Family YMCAs
Teacher Work Day
Childcare is included with all current Afterschool and Year Round participants. These days are held at the Central and Stowe Family YMCAs from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm, students must arrive by 10:00 am. This program is provided with non additional fee to your weekly draft. Children not currently registered in YMCA Afterschool can sign up for Teacher Work Days if space is available.
Holiday and Spring Break Camp
The YMCA offers full day care during extended school breaks at both the Central and Stowe YMCA locations. Full day care, 7:00 am – 6:00 pm, will be provided for all registered at either a daily or weekly rate. Students registered for After School and/or Summer Camp at the YMCA are not automatically registered or charged for this program. Specific Registration is necessary.
Gaston County Girls on the Run
YMCA Afterschool supports the Gaston County Girls on the Run program. We welcome children participating in both programs and will coordinate their transition during afterschool hours. This is subject to program site availability. Click here for more information and to register for the GOTR program.
- Central YMCA – Jaimie Cline, email@example.com, 704-865-8551
- Cherryville Family YMCA – Sharon Padgett, firstname.lastname@example.org, 704.865.8551
- South Gaston Family YMCA – Steve D’Avria, email@example.com, 704.865.2193
- Stowe Family YMCA – Mandy Lail, firstname.lastname@example.org, 704.822.9622
- Accounts Manager – Jean Springer, email@example.com, 704.865.8551