Kayaks & Paddle Boards
- Members must sign a waiver (on file for the season) prior to taking out kayaks or paddle boards.
- An equipment orientation and policy review is required prior to first time launch.
- You must wear a coast guard approved type III PFD at all times*.
- No swimming from kayaks or paddle boards.
- DO NOT purposely tip kayaks or paddle boards.
- If you find yourself in the water, your first priority is to get back to your craft.
- A lifeguard will assist you if you are observed struggling to self-rescue.
- You must be 12 years or older AND pass the swim test in order to take a kayak or paddleboard out without adult supervision.
- You must be at least 18 years old in order to take someone out in a tandem kayak or on a paddleboard.
- All paddling activities must take place within buoys
- You must stay where a lifeguard can see you, no matter your age or swimming ability.
- Activity time is limited to 1 hours.
Policies amended for COVID19