- Members must check-in at the Boathouse at each visit and sign a waiver (seasonally).
- Coast Guard approved Type III Personal Floatation Device (PFDs) must be worn at all times while on the water regardless of swimming ability.
- Children who haven’t passed the swim test must wear PFDs while on the fishing pier.
- Any fishing must be on the pier
- All fishing is catch and release
- All trash, recyclables, and used fishing line, bobbers, hooks, bait cups, etc. must be placed in the appropriate receptacles.
- Waterfront staff will enforce all rules and policies
The following items are prohibited
- Fishing anywhere except in designated fishing areas.
- Swimming or wading anywhere on the lake
- Alcoholic beverages, smoking, vaping, or any tobacco use of any kind while on property
- Beaching a boat at any location other than the designated beach launch sites.
- Boating or fishing beyond the buoy lines or markers.
- Disturbing or feeding any wild animal or bird, or damaging any plant or tree.
Anyone found to be in violation of lakefront rules and policies runs the risk of having their membership privileges revoked.
- Thunderstorms and adverse weather may appear without warning. 3 long whistle blasts will indicate closure of the waterfront. All boats will be expected to return to the dock immediately. Boat rentals will resume 30 minutes after the last sign of lightening and thunder.
- Always observe your surroundings and other users. Submerged hazards may be present and conditions can change rapidly without warning. Members choosing to participate in boating and paddling activities accept all associated risks.
- All users are responsible for loss or damage to rented equipment. Check all your equipment for damage or wear with waterfront staff prior to launching.
- We highly recommend that all members lock up their personal items, and that keys, phones, wallets and jewelry are not taken out onto the lake.
- Items lost in the lake are not retrievable.
- If you choose to paddle or boat with those items the likelihood is high that you will lose them.
- The YMCA is not responsible for lost items.