LIGHT UP YOUR HOLIDAY!
Celebrate the kick off of ChristmasTown USA with a festive 5K under the lights. Join 1300 of your closest friends in the jolliest town in the area for a fun 5K race.
The light show doesn’t officially begin until November 30th but participants in the Christmastown 5K get a sneak peek of all that’s involved in the nationally recognized holiday display. The race, held on Saturday, November 24th, is a great way to get an up close look at Christmas Town USA without the traffic.
- When: Saturday November 24th
- Where: Race start is at Main Street and Park Road, just west of the Pharr Family YMCA
- Time: 6pm – 7:30 pm
- Who should go: Anyone who loves Christmas, small towns and incredibly large numbers of tiny little lights.
- Is there anything other than running?! Yes! Come cheer on your friends and family, enjoy the post race party, and grab a snack!
- 5K (INCLUDES RACE SHIRT)
- Additional $10 per person week of the race, if space is available
- Register online today – Click here
- Register via mail. Click here to download a form.
- All registration forms MUST be postmarked by November 9.
Race is limited to the first 1300 participants.
Race Shirts – Shirts are ordered based on the preference selected at the time of registration. We cannot guarantee shirts to runners who registered in November.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers.
Does the ChristmasTown 5K fill?
Yes! The race filled on Thursday, November 16 in 2017. We suggest runners register early.
How do I register online for the this event?
- Download a registration form and take it to any Gaston County Family YMCA –
- UPDATED! Registration Instructions – Click here
- Click here to register for the event via your YMCA account
- OR email Susan Mosk at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance
- Once there, click the race you want to run and then select the check by to the left of the race and click register on the right
- To complete registration you will need to log in to your account or create one if you are not currently in our registration system.
- The box on the left is used to log in with your email and password if you already have an account online.
- The middle box is for those who have participated at our Y in the past but have not registered online and need a password.
- The box on the right is for those new to our registration system.
- For those new to our registration system – Online registration requires you to sign up in our database. Please choose any branch and then “participant” as your membership type if you do not wish to join our Y.
Will there be an early packet pickup?
Yes, and this is encouraged! Packet pick up will take place at the Pharr Family YMCA in the upstairs ballroom! Dates and times will be released soon!
Where will the 5K go? Is it certified by US Track & Field
Can I walk the 5K?
The 5K is open to walkers and runners alike. However, be mindful of runners competing. There will be a one hour limit for walkers to complete the race.
Will the ChristmasTown Lights be on?
Yes! The lights will be on for the runners and walkers to enjoy. However, they will be turned off after the race has been completed.
I see registration is full. Is there ANY way I can run the 5K?
Once we have reached the capacity. This number was based on the recommendation by the experts from US Track & Field, Cramerton Police, and race committee approval.
Where should I park?
McAdenville streets will begin to close by 5:00pm and not open until the last runner completes the race – Main Street between Mockingbird and Elm will close at 4:30 pm.
- Pharr Yarns Corporate Office – the large field to the side of the office is within walking distance from the start/finish line. Parking is available until 5:15 pm.
- Harold Rankin Park – 80 spaces are available. A YMCA Bus will transport runners to and from this lot in Lowell beginning at 4:30 PM.
Cars parked within the race course will not be able to leave until the last runner crosses the finish line and the roads open. This will not be before 7:30 pm.
Will I need money once I am there?
Runners do not need money but there are both food and trinket vendors that are not included in the race fee. Such vendors include the local PTA, youth sports teams, bakery, and more!
Will there be music/entertainment on the course?
Yes! We have always been blessed with a saxophone solo at the midway point.
Can I wear headphones, run with my pet or push a baby stroller?
Headphones and strollers are allowed, but please be aware and cautious of your surroundings. The course has plenty of hills! Be ready! Pets are prohibited.
How many water stops are there?
There will be two water stops for the 5K at the roundabout.
What awards can I expect for my performance?
Medals for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd per gender and in increments of five year age groups will be awarded. There will also be awards for 1st place Male and Female. The post party will be held in the Pharr Family YMCA gymnasium near the finish line.
What does my race fee support?
Your fees support the Pharr Family YMCA and the McAdenville Women’s Club. Each organization uses this money to support the community!
I am unable to attend the race? What should I do?
Unfortunately, race fees are non-refundable.
Are there other ChristmasTown activities?
Yes! We would love to have you celebrate with us!