What is included in our membership?
- All “paddling” activities are included for members. Kayaks and Stand Up Paddleboards are available for member use on a first come, first served basis. We will provide all equipment necessary.
- Pier fishing
- A sand volleyball court and 3 miles of hiking trails are also available as a part of your membership.
How many boats do you have available for members?
- 20 Stand Up Paddleboards
- 20 Kayaks (16 solo kayaks and 4 tandem kayaks
Is there a charge for fishing?
- No. There is not a charge for Members to fish.
- Guests are welcome to fish with a $10 guest fee.
Where can I fish?
- You can fish from the pier. No fishing is permitted from the bank.
What kind of fish are in the lake?
- The lake is stocked with Readear Sunfish, Bluegill, Largemouth Bass and Catfish.
- Fishing is catch and release only.
How do I participate in lakefront fitness classes?
- Classes are included in YMCA Membership.
- Space is limited and boards are available on a first come, first served basis.
Can I bring a guest to a lakefront class?
- Yes. Your guest must purchase a facility access “guest pass”.
Why do I have to purchase a personal equipment permit to bring my own?
- Your equipment is required to meet specific standards in order to be utilized on the lake and takes staff time to inspect and approve. It also requires a “dip” to ensure we are not cross contaminating our lake with invasive species from other waterways. It requires staff time and attention and therefore has a nominal fee.
I am a “Nationwide” member. Do I have access to the Lakefront and the activities?
- Yes. All YMCA members have access with the exception of members from the Upper Palmetto YMCA.