REGISTER TODAY FOR OUR WINTER TEAM!
Kids discover the joy of being part of a team, while striving to reach their personal best.
Swim Teams at the Y are designed for all levels of ability. They’re a great way for elementary-aged kids and teens to make friends, have fun and enjoy a little bit of friendly competition.
- Younger swimmers are introduced to the team environment and learn all four competitive strokes
- More experienced swimmers develop their technique and endurance level
- All swimmers, ages 5 to 18, develop the values of goal-setting, teamwork, good sportsmanship and hard work
A PLACE TO BELONG AND GROW
Kids who swim on a team discover so much more than their athletic abilities. They experience a sense of belonging and learn what working together accomplishes. They gain confidence and strive to reach goals with each new practice and meet.
TALENTED COACHES WHO CARE
Our coaches know how to encourage fun while maximizing individual potential and promote swimming in the community. To provide quality instruction and development for each team member, swimmers are placed in practice groups based on ability, commitment level, age and peer group.
JOIN OUR TEAM
The Stowe Family YMCA is excited to announce the SHARKS! Our introductory team will participate in the YMCA of Greater Charlotte league with weekly practice and Saturday meets.
Ages: 5 – 18 years
League: January 2 – March 1
- Practice: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 6:00 – 7:00 pm
- Meets: Saturday afternoons, schedule TBA
- Y Members – $90
- Program Participants – $120
Mark your calendar for the Summer Outdoor League May – June 2019!