It’s spring and a great time to get outside. We challenge you to participate in the Cherry Blossom 5K this year! This Friday evening race helps to open up the Cherry Blossom Festival . Proceeds benefit the Cherryville Family YMCA Annual Giving Campaign.
- Friday, April 12, 2019
- Dogs Welcome!
- Papas Pizza available post race to all runners!
- 5K (INCLUDES SHORT SLEEVE SHIRT)
- $20 Y Members, $25 Program Participants
- Youth Runners Age 10 and Under – $12 Y Members, $15 Program Participants
- Additional $10 Week of Registration (April 8 – 12)
- 1 Mile LIVESTRONG (Memory and Survivor) Walk
- $10 donation to LIVESTRONG, waiver on race day required.
- Register online today – Click here
- Trophies to top male and female runners.
- Medals will be given to top 3 male and female ages 9 and under, and in 5-year increments beginning with age 10.
- Run with your dog on a fixed- length leash, and the first dog to finish gets a “Top Dog” tag.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
When is packet pickup?
Early packet pick up will be at the Cherryville Family YMCA front desk on Thursday, April 11 from 4:30 pm until close.
Race day packet pick up will begin Friday, April 12 at 5:00 pm at the First Presbyterian Church, 107 West Academy Street, Cherryville.
Can I walk the 5K?
The 5K is open to walkers and runners alike. We will not have an awards division for walkers.
Can I wear headphones, run with my pet or push a baby stroller?
Headphones are allowed, but please be aware and cautious of your surroundings. We try to lessen as much traffic as possible, but realize we cannot close off traffic 100 percent. Your leashed dog can run with you for no extra charge, and may even win the dog division- just hold on when our New Year Shooter shoots the starting musket! Strollers are allowed.
Is this course flat or hilly?
This course is hillier than it looks! It offers a challenge and includes several rolling hills.
Where can I find information on the course?
Our course is certified by US Track & Field. The map and details can be found here.
My family wants to volunteer. How can they?
Great! Please contact Sharon Stephens at firstname.lastname@example.org directly!
What were the times in the 2018 race?
- 2018 RACE RESULTS – Click here
More questions? Feel free to contact the Cherryville YMCA at (704) 445-9622