Join the Warlick Family YMCA for the Inaugural Pledge 2 Plunge event on Saturday, March 2.
Community leaders, public service professionals, donors, staff and members of the community are taking the PLUNGE into Robinwood Lake to raise money to support the Annual Giving Campaign.
Each plunger has been challenged to raise a minimum amount to participate. There are three divisions competing:
- Individual – $2,500
- Corporate Teams – $3,000
- Staff v Staff – $1,500
Check out the event and donate to one of our plungers on CrowdRise – CLICK HERE
Follow along on Facebook – CLICK HERE
We invite everyone to participate and root on the plungers! They are braving the cold water to raise both awareness and dollars for the Annual Giving Campaign.
- 11:00 am – Individuals Plunge
- 11:45 am – Corporate Teams Plunge
- 12:15 pm – Staff vs Staff
- The staff team that raises the least has to jump!
The event will include food and beverage options, family fun games, and the Clemson/NC State game on the big screen at the Boathouse!
What does this event support?
This Campaign supports the following programs:
- Afterschool – YMCA Afterschool provides a safe and inclusive place for children after the final bell. Each day students participate in structured physical activities, homework help, and healthy snacks. During this time we aim to shape character by modeling, teaching, and reinforcing positive values to all students. The YMCA believes in the character development traits of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Faith.
- Summer Day Camp – Summer Day Camp is about developing skills, building character and making friends. Kids become a community as they learn both how to be more independent and how to contribute to a group as they engage in physical, social and educational activities.
- Swim Initiative – Teaching children how to be safe around water is not a luxury; it is a necessity. The YMCA Swim Initiative provides life saving skills to all YMCA Afterschool participants as well as KinderCampers (Stowe only). Children learn essential water safety skills, which can open up a world of possibilities for them to satisfy their curiosity safely.
- LiveSTRONG at the YMCA – The Y and LIVESTRONG joined together to create LIVESTRONG at the YMCA, a free 12-week physical activity and well-being program designed to help adult cancer survivors achieve their holistic health goals. The small group, research-based program offers cancer survivors a safe, supportive environment to participate in
physical and social activities.