The Y is dedicated to providing high quality, affordable, age-appropriate afterschool enrichment for your child when you cannot be there yourself. The program is available from school dismissal until 6:00 pm. Children are served at both School Based Sites and at YMCA sites. Take a look at the information below to see where your child would participate. The YMCA Afterschool Enrichment program is open to all. Financial assistance is available to Y Members.
2019 – 2020 Registration & Information
- Youth Parent Handbook – Click Here
- Downloadable Registration Form –
- Year Round Agreement – Click Here
Afterschool Registration Information
The YMCA serves schools across the county!
- Schools Served – Beam Intermediate, Belmont Central, Belmont Middle, Brookside, Carr, Catawba Heights, Cherryville Elementary, Costner, Cramerton Middle, Gardner Park, Ida Rankin, Hawk’s Nest, Lingerfeldt, Lowell, McAdenville, Mt. Holly Middle, New Hope, North Belmont, Page Primary, Piedmont Charter Elementary and Middle, Pinewood, Pleasant Ridge, Robinson, Sherwood, Southwest Middle, St. Michael’s Catholic School, Stanley Middle, WA Bess, and Woodhill
- Specific Afterschool sites are determined through a partnership with the school system and by proximity to each child’s school location.
- CLICK HERE for Afterschool Site Locations
- 2019 – 2020 Afterschool Billing and Days of Service Calendar – Click Here
- Program Pricing –
- Members $65/week
- Program Participants $95/week
- Registration Fee – $50/child
Year Round Program
- Stowe – Member: $77/week, Non-Member: $108/week
- Warlick – Member: $81/week, Non-Member: $112/week
- Not available in Cherryville.
- Year Round Agreement Click HERE.
- 2019 – 2020 Year Round Billing and Days of Service Calendar – Click Here
Financial Assistance is available to YMCA Members. These funds are raised during the Annual Giving Campaign. Please use the form below to apply. Early registration is encouraged.
Gaston County School Employee Discount
All full time Gaston County School employees qualify for a discount on both your YMCA Membership and Afterschool Care of 35%. Year-Round Programming is not eligible for this discount.
Teacher Work Day
Childcare is included with all current Afterschool and Year Round participants. These days are held at the Cherryville, Warlick, and Stowe Family YMCAs from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm, students must arrive by 10:00 am. This program is provided with no additional fee to your weekly draft. Children not currently registered in YMCA Afterschool can sign up for Teacher Work Days if space is available.
Out of School Days
The YMCA offers full day care during extended school breaks at both the Warlick and Stowe YMCA locations. Full day care, 7:00 am – 6:00 pm, will be provided for all registered. Students registered for After School and/or Summer Camp at the YMCA are not automatically registered or charged for this program. Specific Registration is necessary.
- Cherryville Family YMCA – Susan Mosk, email@example.com, 704.445.9622
- Stowe Family YMCA – Meg Howes, firstname.lastname@example.org, 704.822.9622
- Warlick Family YMCA – Ikeya Norris, email@example.com, 704.830.9622
- Accounts Manager (Warlick, Cherryville)- Jean Springer, firstname.lastname@example.org, 704.865.8551
- Program Administrator (Stowe)- Kelly Davis, email@example.com, 704.822.9622