TWO GREAT LOCATIONS!
Sports at the Y help children feel healthy, confident, and connected. Being a part of a team develops skills on and off the field – children learn the importance of practice and hard work, and that it isn’t all about winning or losing.
- Registration open until August 19th
- If space is available after 8/19- late registration fee of $10
- Registration is available online or at the YMCA.
Soccer League Details
League format for participants ages 3-12. Teams will practice one night per week and play games on Saturdays. Season will begin the week of August 27th.
When and Where
Practice takes place once weekly, Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday for one hour.
- TWO Great Leagues
- Pharr Family YMCA
- Warlick Family YMCA
- U5(3-4 yr old), U7(5-6 yr old) and U9(7-8 yr old) will play on Saturday morning
- U13(9-12 yr old) will place on Friday nights.
- Your Time Commitment is one weekday and Saturday throughout the season.
- Indicate on the registration form days you CANNOT practice.
- Practice day/time is based on volunteer coach availability.
- Members: $60 Program Participant: $85
- Coaches will be in contact via email by Micheal or Taylor.
- Coaches get first choice of practice day/time
- Pharr Family YMCA – Michael Stout – email@example.com, 704.824.1131.
- Warlick Family YMCA – Taylor Terry – firstname.lastname@example.org, 704.830.9622
- What are the age groups?
- Ages 3-4, 5-6, 7-8 and 9-12
- What age groups travel?
- Currently only our 9-12 year old age group will be traveling and doing games between the Pharr Family YMCA and Warlick Family YMCA teams. Directions will be provided.
- Where are my games played?
- Games and practices are held at the YMCA selected during registration. The options are Cherryville, Pharr, and Warlick.
- Games for ages 8 and under will be played on Saturday’s starting at 9am.
- Games for ages 9-12 will rotate between the Pharr and Warlick Family YMCA on Friday evenings.
- What days are practice?
- Practice days are Monday– Thursday and based on your availability. Practices start at early as 5:30 and run for 1 hour. These practices are once a week. Please indicate what days you are unable to practice on your registration form.
- What does my child need to play?
- Shirt and socks are provided to your player from the YMCA but you will need to ensure that your child has shin guards. These can be found at most stores that carry athletic equipment.
- Children also must wear closed toed shoes/running shoes. Cleats are not mandatory.
- Please always send your child with a water bottle.
- When does the season run?
- Season runs Aug 27th through October 27th.
- Games begin the week of September 14th
- You are guarenteed 7 games
- You child will play 1-2 games on Friday/Saturday depending on the age group that they are in
- What does coaching entail?
- Coaching will require that you commit to practice once a week as well as a game
- You will be provided with games and practice plans that you can fit to your team.
- 1 on 1 assistance with coaching skills available if requested
- Coaching is a volunteer position and we LOVE our coaches.