DOWN, SET, HIKE!
Join the Gaston County Family YMCA for Fall Flag Football 2019. Our recreational league teaches fundamentals while learning to appreciate the sport of football and refine physical skills! We focus on family involvement, team building, confidence, and developing our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility, and faith.
Children ages 5 – 11 will play in the following leagues: 5-6, 7-8, and 9-11.
Registration is open NOW through Friday, October 11 online and at the YMCA. Registration after October 11th will result in a $10 late fee if space is available.
When and Where: Pharr Family YMCA
Practice begins on October 17. Teams will practice twice weekly for two weeks prior to games beginning. Teams will no longer practice after games begin.
Practice options are:
- Thursday OR Friday
Teams will play 8 games beginning October 28th and ending November 23.
- Two games per week!
- Games will take place on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Saturdays.
- If needed – Weather Make Up days include Wednesday evenings and November 26.
Calling all awesome volunteer coaches ready to make an impact and build community! We are looking for coaches for both locations, and in every age group. Please consider coaching a team this season by indicating your interest on your registration form. The Coaches Meeting is Monday, October 14th at 6:00 pm at Pharr Family YMCA.
- Coaches get first choice of practice day and time!
- Coaches get the honor of naming their team!
Member – $60 Program Participant – $85
- All teams are led by volunteer coaches.
- All players will receive a uniform top and end of season award.
- All players are required to wear a mouth guard for their protection.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 704.824.1131