DOWN, SET, HIKE!
Join the Gaston County Family YMCA for Fall Flag Football 2019. Our recreational league teaches fundamentals while learning to appreciate the sport of football and refine physical skills! We focus on family involvement, team building, confidence, and developing our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility, and faith.
Children ages 5 – 11 will play in the following leagues: 5-6, 7-8, and 9-11.
- Draft – Our 9 – 11 year olds participate in a skills assessment draft on October 10th at 6 pm. All athletes are placed on a team. The purpose of this draft is to evenly divide teams throughout the league.
Registration is open NOW through October 8 online and at the YMCA. Registration after October 8th will ensure a $10 late fee if space is available.
When and Where: Pharr Family YMCA
Practice begins on October 17. Teams will practice twice weekly for two weeks prior to games beginning. Teams will no longer practice after games begin.
Practice options are:
- Thursday OR Friday
Teams will play 8 games beginning October 28th and ending November 26.
- Games could take place on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Saturdays.
Calling all awesome volunteer coaches ready to make an impact and build community! We are looking for coaches for both locations, and in every age group. Please consider coaching a team this season by indicating your interest on your registration form. The Coaches Meeting is Tuesday, October 8th at 6:00 pm at Pharr Family YMCA.
- Coaches get first choice of practice day and time!
- Coaches get the honor of naming their team and choosing their color!
Member – $60 Program Participant – $85
- All teams are led by volunteer coaches.
- All players will receive a uniform top and end of season award.
- All players are required to wear a mouth guard for their protection.
Questions? Contact Michael Stout – firstname.lastname@example.org or call 704.824.1131