Red Cross Lifeguarding
Upon successful completion, students will receive an American Red Cross Lifeguard certification which includes lifeguard skills, first aid, CPR for the professional rescuer, and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) training. The certification is good for two years from the completion date.
- Online coursework due prior to the first day of class for all blended learning courses.
- Mandatory swim test includes:
- 300-yard swim (front crawl or breaststroke)
- 20 yards swim to retrieve and return a 10-pound brick
- Tread water with feet only for 2 minutes
- Attendance is mandatory at all session dates.
- Participants must be 15 years old by the date of the last class.
Stowe Family YMCA
- Dec 30th and 31st 9-5:00 pm
Jan 20th and 21st 9-5:00 pm
April 13-16th 1:00-5:00 pm
June 10th and 11th 9-5:00 pm
Aug 19th and 20th 9-5;00 pm
Dec 28th and 29th 9-5:00 pm
Warlick Family YMCA:
These are blended learning classes. There is online work to be completed before the first in-person class session.
Program Participants – $242.00
Register online or at any Gaston County Family YMCA now!