BRING YOUR GAME!
Join the Gaston County Family YMCA for Youth Basketball 2019-2020. Our recreational league teaches fundamentals while learning to appreciate the sport of basketball and refine physical skills! We focus on family involvement, team building, confidence, and developing our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility, and faith.
Ages-Children ages 3 – 13 will play in the following leagues: 3-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10, and 11-13.
- Draft – Our 9 – 13 year olds participate in a skills assessment draft on December 3rd. All athletes are placed on a team. The purpose of this draft is to evenly divide teams throughout the league.
- 9 – 10 League – 6:00 pm
- 11 – 13 League – 7:00 pm
Registration – Open until November 25. Late registration will result in a $10 late fee if space is available.
When and Where:
Teams will practice at either the Stowe Family YMCA or Pharr Family YMCA. Practice begins the week of December 9th. Teams will have practice one time per week, once on their selected practice day (Monday, Tuesday or Thursday) based on coach availability.
- There will no no practices between December 23 – January 2 for the Holiday Season.
Games will start the weekend of Friday, January 10th.
- Games will be held at the Stowe Family YMCA for children 3 – 10.
- 3 – 4 League, 5 – 6 League, 7 – 8 League – Saturday Morning Games
- 9 – 10 League – Friday Evening Games
- Games will be held at the Pharr Family YMCA for teens 11- 13.
- All games Friday Evening
The YMCA will make every effort to make up and cancelled games due to inclement weather. Games may be made up during the week.
Calling all amazing volunteer coaches ready to make an impact and build community! We are looking for coaches for both locations, and in every age group. Please consider coaching a team this season by indicating your interest on your registration form. The Coaches Meeting is Monday, December 2nd at 6:00 pm at Stowe Family YMCA.
- Coaches get first choice of practice day and time!
- Coaches get the honor of naming their team and choosing their color!
Registration- Member – $60 | Participant – $85
Contact (Pharr): Michael Stout – email@example.com, 704-824-1131