The Gaston County Family YMCA App has been updated! We are excited to share our New and Improved App with all Members! This change means that all Members will need to download the new app from the App Store or Google Play.
Stay connected no matter where you are!
- Easily view class schedules for each day and filter for the types of classes you like
- Subscribe to push notifications and stay informed with notifications sent straight to your lock screen
- Stay up to date with the latest program information and announcements
- No more worrying about keeping up with your barcode OR your kids’ barcodes, store them all in the App for easy check-in!
Search the store and download:
- Search “Gaston YMCA”
- Download and open the app
- Set notification and location preferences
- Uninstall the old app
Even though you will need to download a new app, the schedules, features and functions available in the app today will not be affected. Our old app will only be available in until October 15, so be sure to update soon.
Please stop by the front desk if you have any questions, or see the FAQs below:
Q: I already have the App. Do I still have to download the new one?
A: Yes! The current version of the App won’t be available to use after October 15th, so download the new version today so you’ll have uninterrupted service with our App.
Q: What information is on the App?
A: The App is great! Members can view both facility and group exercise schedules, use it as a scan card, and even look up program information. Members can quickly toggle between locations and search schedules by area, class name, and time of day. You can also add either a single class or series to your smart phone calendar.
Q: Why is there a new App?
A: There were new regulations with Apps and in order to comply we have had to go back to the drawing board. The new App will have the same look, feel and functionality.
Q: Does that mean I have to set up my preferences all over again?
A: Yes, we apologize. Load your scan card again for easy digital check-in, and be sure to allow push notifications so you won’t miss important announcements (like weather-related closings) from our Y.