Swimming and other aquatics activities are excellent ways to get the physical activity needed for a healthy life. Following guidance from the CDC and local agencies, we’ve modified our pool policies and aquatics programs to ensure everyone’s health and safety.
Here’s what you can expect when you come to the pool:
- To promote social distancing members are asked to reserve a lap lane or space in a water aerobics class/AquaBoard Class prior to visiting the YMCA. Click here to view the reservation system.
- Click here for written instructions on how to register for an account then reserve a space in a class or lap lane
- Members are asked to wear their swimsuit to the pool and will be assigned a swim prep stall on the pool deck to prepare to swim.
- Family Swim is available with a reservation
- Members will step on a sanitizing mat and/or dunk shoes in sanitizing solution upon entering pool.
- Swim prep stations will be spaced out to ensure social distancing.
- Upon exit, members will place any used shared equipment in the “to be cleaned” area.
- Members will not be allowed to use lockers.
- Sauna and steam room are not available at this time
Stowe Family YMCA Pool:
- Traffic will flow in one direction through the aquatics area via the glass pool door at the base of the stairway and will exit the area through the men’s and women’s locker rooms.
- Upon entry, members will proceed to their assigned swim prep station where they will leave their bags.
- There will be one swimmer per lap lane.
- There will be no more than 20 participants in any water exercise class
- Staff will direct them to their assigned lap lane or class
Warlick Family YMCA Pool:
- Locker rooms and showers are open to members with capacity requirements in place.