We miss our Y kids, and we know our Y families are eager to know when our childwatch program will resume. We are excited to take a first step by offering supervised outdoor activities while parents take advantage of a class. Y Staff members provide a caring, structured, outdoor environment full of safe, social, educational, and fun activities.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Parent must have an active YMCA membership and must remain at the Y at all times.
- Membership must include dependents ages 3-11 to participate.
- All children must be 100% potty trained – No diapers, pullups or training pants..
- Parents must provide a water bottle and mask
- Children will enter the facility in the event your child must enter the building to use the bathroom.
- Parents are asked not to leave belongings with their child – including bags, toys, etc
- Children will engage in activities in small age-appropriate groups upon arrival.
- To promote social distancing members are asked to reserve a space for their family prior to visiting the YMCA.
- Members will check in at the front desk where they will be directed to the Outdoor Adventure Zone location to check in their child.
- At check in, every child’s temperature will be taken.
- Parents will be asked to confirm that their child is not displaying any of the symptoms of concern for COVID 19 and review the programming participation standards.
- Children will sanitize their hands prior to entering the adventure zone.
- All staff will be required to wear masks throughout the duration of the program.
- Planned activities will exclude sharing of materials and implement social distancing practices between participants.
- All equipment, tables, etc. are cleaned prior and after each use.
- Staff and participants will sanitize their hands after each activity.
Stowe Family YMCA
- Upon entering the Y, families will scan in then be directed to the glass door in the entrance hallway to check in their child.
- Activities will take place in the athletic field behind the YMCA
Warlick Family YMCA
- Upon entering the Y, families will scan in then be directed to the appropriate drop off location.
- Locations include – Boathouse, Soccer field