NOW OPEN! Fun on Robinwood Lake!
Boating, swimming and other outdoor water activities are excellent ways to get the physical activity needed for a healthy life. Following guidance from the CDC and local agencies, we’ve modified our policies to ensure everyone’s health and safety.
- The lake is open for active YMCA members.
- Nationwide Memberships and guests will not have access to the lake at this time.
|Saturday – 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
|Sunday – 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Available Lakefront Activities:
- Stand Up Paddle Boarding
- Fishing at the pier and designated areas – no reservation necessary!
Lakefront Check In:
- Members will enter at the boathouse – not at the YMCA main entrance
- Members will check out a sanitized bucket to hold their personal items
- Members will be asked to sign a lakefront waiver
- Staff will assist members with getting boats on the lake
- Members are encouraged NOT to take any items out into the lake with them that they would be sad to lose.
- Coast Guard approved Type III Personal Floatation Device (PFDs) must be worn at all times while on the water regardless of swimming ability
- Children who haven’t passed the swim test must wear PFDs while on the fishing pier
- Watercrafts may be reserved up to 2 days prior using our new reservation system
- For safety reasons, we have staggered our boat rental every 15 minutes to maintain safety social distancing
- Any watercraft not already reserved, we will allow on a first come first serve basis
- The time limit on any lakefront activity is 1 hour
- Boat rentals are available within published hours as long as the combined air and water temperature meets or exceeds 100 degrees
- Equipment rental includes choice of watercraft (kayak or stand up Paddle Board), a PFD and a paddle
- Lakefront staff will cease equipment rental at any time deemed necessary due to unacceptable conditions like extreme cold, high winds, storm threats or other issues
- The YMCA highly recommends that all members lock up their personal items, and that keys, phones, wallets and jewelry are not taken out onto the lake
- Items lost in the lake are not retrievable
- The YMCA is not responsible for lost items
- All fishing is catch and release and free to members
- Members are allowed to fish at designated fishing areas only from dusk to dawn.
The following is prohibited:
- Swimming or wading anywhere on the lake
- Alcoholic beverages, smoking, vaping, or any tobacco use of any kind while on property
- Beaching a boat at any location other than the designated beach launch sites
- Boating or fishing beyond the buoy lines or markers
- Disturbing or feeding any wild animal or bird, or damaging any plant or tree
Violation of lakefront rules and policies can result in YMCA membership privileges being taken away.