Red Cross Lifeguarding
Upon successful completion, students will receive an American Red Cross Lifeguard certification which includes lifeguard skills, first aid, CPR for the professional rescuer, and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) training. The certification is good for two years from the completion date.
- Online coursework due prior to the first day of class for all blended learning courses.
- Mandatory swim test includes:
- 300-yard swim (front crawl or breaststroke)
- 20 yards swim to retrieve and return a 10-pound brick
- Tread water with feet only for 2 minutes
- Attendance is mandatory at all session dates.
- Participants must be 15 years old by the date of the last class.
Stowe Family YMCA:
- New dates coming soon
Warlick Family YMCA:
- December 28 and 29
- 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
These are blended learning classes. There is online work to be completed before the first in-person class session.
YMCA Members: $192.00
Program Participants: $249.00
Red Cross Lifeguarding Recertification
Recertification is available for Lifeguards whose certification expired less than 6 months prior to the course.
Program Participants: $155.00
Lifeguard Certification Class + COVID-19
Here’s what you can expect when you come to class:
- Participants are asked to wear their swimsuit to the pool and will be assigned a swim prep stall on the pool deck to prepare for class.
- Low touch options for both training and testing available. Please speak to the Director for additional information or with questions.
- Participants will have their temperature checked at the beginning of each class
- Social distancing and masks will be enforced throughout class when not training on specific skill sets
- Participants will be assigned groups of two throughout class
- Each participant will train on a personal mannequin
- Participants will step on a sanitizing mat and/or dunk shoes in sanitizing solution upon entering pool.
- Swim prep stations will be spaced out to ensure social distancing.
- Upon exit, any used shared equipment will be placed in the “to be cleaned” area.
- Lockers are not available at this time