BRING YOUR GAME!
In an effort to serve our athletes, we are excited to develop plans to reopen our sports programs. The Y will follow recommendations from the CDC, Governor Cooper, public school systems, state and local health departments, as well as the North Carolina High School Athletic Association.
As we continue to evolve our programs to fit within the current landscape, we want to ensure you there is no better place to learn the basics of basketball than where it was invented in 1891. Our youth basketball leagues help kids improve their skills, challenge themselves and grow in sportsmanship. Our basketball programs emphasize the values of team sports, including fair play, team work and having fun.
Due to the circumstances surrounding COVID-19, the Y has adjusted some of our normal operating procedures. Despite all of the changes we have implemented, we still plan to have an exciting season with your athlete and above all, want them to have fun on the court!
Special Basketball Offer
Size 3 or 4 ball for just $15 at time of registration
- League Ages – Children ages 3 – 13 will play in the following leagues: U5 3-4, U7 5-6, U9 7-8, U11 9-10, and U14 11-13.
- League age is based on child’s age on August 31, 2020
- League Dates – January 11 – March 13
- Location – Stowe Family YMCA – 196 YMCA Drive Belmont
- Practice – Once Weekly
- Days – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
- Times – 6:30 pm, 7:30 pm, 8:30 pm
- Registration – Nov 16 – Dec 11, Late registration will include a $10 late fee if space is available.
- League Fees –
- $10 non-refundable reserve your space
- Remaining fee drafted January 1, 2021 – Y Members $52, Program Participants $78
Calling all amazing volunteer coaches ready to make an impact and build community! We are looking for coaches in every age group. Please consider coaching a team this season by indicating your interest at the time of registration. The Coaches Meeting is Tuesday, January 5th at 6:00 pm at Stowe Family YMCA.
- Coaches get first choice of practice day and time!
- Coaches get the honor of naming their team!
Basketball + COVID-19
- All coaches, staff and players will receive a health screen before entering the YMCA facility.
- 1 adult per athlete will be allowed to stay in the gymnasium in the designated viewing areas.
- Gymnasiums will be cleared after each game for cleaning and sanitizing.
- Sanitizing stations will be placed at the entrance to the gymnasium.
- Face coverings must be worn by everyone in the gymnasium with the exception of players and referees while the game is happening.
- All players must bring their own labeled water bottles.
For a more in-depth look at how we’re prioritizing safety, check out this document: COVID-19 Youth Basketball Safety Precautions
Questions: email@example.com, 704-824-1131