The Gaston County Family YMCA App has been updated! We are excited to share our New and Improved App with all Members! This change means that all Members will need to download the new app from the App Store or Google Play.
Stay connected no matter where you are!
- Easily view class schedules for each day and filter for the types of classes you like
- Subscribe to push notifications and stay informed with notifications sent straight to your lock screen
- Stay up to date with the latest program information and announcements
- No more worrying about keeping up with your barcode OR your kids’ barcodes, store them all in the App for easy check-in!
Search the store and download:
- Search “Gaston YMCA”
- Download and open the app
- Set notification and location preferences
- Uninstall the old app
Q: What information is on the App?
A: The App is great! Members can view both facility and group exercise schedules, use it as a scan card, and even look up program information. Members can quickly toggle between locations and search schedules by area, class name, and time of day. You can also add either a single class or series to your smart phone calendar.
How to I see what is happening at my Y?
- Click the Schedules button on the bottom on the screen.
- Take a moment to click and sort by class, instructor, or room to find the class that challenges you and keeps you motivated!
- Reserve a space in class or lap lane by clicking on the activity
- Click the Register button on the bottom on the page, you can even add to your calendar
Can you show me how to reserve a space?
Yes! Check out the below videos or stop into the front desk and we will get you started!
How do I add my membership barcode?
- Click on the barcode icon on the bottom right-hand corner of the app
- Click on Add New Card
- Scan or enter your YMCA barcode number (from your YMCA membership ID card) in the barcode text box. If you cannot find this information, please contact the front desk for assistance.
- Click Done
How do I add more than one barcode?
- Yes! You can add your entire family! Follow the above steps and remember to label each family member.
How do I turn on APP notifications for facility updates & weather related emergencies?
The Gaston County Family YMCA uses the mobile app to send important notifications regarding emergencies, weather-related closings, delayed openings, and/or other updates regarding our facilities! However, your mobile app notification settings must be turned on in order to receive these alerts.
- Click MORE in the bottom right corner
- Click Preferences on the Menu
- Click Notifications and select the locations and type of notifications you would like to receive. We suggest you select all.
Please note, your smartphone device controls your notification settings which vary by device. For specific instructions about your device, please contact your service provider.