Get your team ready to take the court! Our Adult Basketball League is designed to be an aid and tool in the development and growth of the participants. The Y is not a building, athletics field or just a gym; it is an association of people who use Y programs to foster physical, mental and spiritual growth. The attainment of exceptional athletic skills and the winning of games, though important, are secondary to strengthening the foundations of community.
This recreational adult league plays Tuesday evenings at the Stowe Family YMCA in Belmont. We are looking for adults (18+) to come out and show off their skills.
A mandatory captains meeting will take place at the Stowe Family YMCA on March 11 at 6:30 pm for a review of league details. Team registration fee and full roster will be due at this time.
- Stowe Family YMCA 196 YMCA Drive Belmont, NC 28012
- 6 Game Season
- League Dates—March 23 – May 18, no game April 6
- Tuesday evenings 6:45 pm – 9:45 pm
- Single Elimination Tournament begins May 11
- Now until March 11
- Team Registration – $450
- Indicate your team name at the time of registration
- Team maximum—10 players
- Teams are responsible for providing their own uniforms, including a number on back
- Pinnies may be borrowed for first game if necessary
What are the rules?
- NCAA Rules 20-minute halves with a continuous clock
- The clock will stop at the 2-minute mark of both halves
- 5 v 5
- Techs will be enforced
How many players per team?
- 6 – 10 players
How many teams are you expecting in the league?
- We hope to have 6 – 10 teams
Are uniforms included in the fee?
- Teams are responsible for their own uniforms.
- Numbers must be visible on the back of each uniform.
- Teams can be as creative or basic as they would like!
- Pinnies will be available for week 1 games. Uniforms are required for week 2.
Basketball + COVID-19
The YMCA will follow all local, state and federal guidelines and mandates concerning COVID-19. Our procedures may be modified as information is available.
- All coaches, staff and players will receive a health screen before entering the YMCA facility.
- 1 guest per athlete will be allowed to stay in the gymnasium in the designated viewing areas.
- Gymnasiums will be cleared between games for cleaning and sanitizing.
- Sanitizing stations will be placed at the entrance to the gymnasium.
- Face coverings must be worn by everyone in the gymnasium.
- All players must bring their own labeled water bottles.
Questions: email@example.com, 704-824-1131