We are excited that childwatch has returned to the Stowe and Warlick Family YMCAs! Our hours have been modified as children return to the Y.
Please be assured that your child’s safety is our number one priority. We have put careful thought and planning into the reopening of childwatch and are following guidance from the CDC, local health agencies and public officials to update our practices and procedures to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
Stowe Family YMCA
- Ages 6 weeks to 8 years
- Morning Options – Monday through Thursday – 8:00 am – 11:30 am
- Evening Options – Monday through Thursday – 4:00 – 6:30 pm
Warlick Family YMCA
- Ages 6 weeks to 11 years
- Morning Options – Monday through Thursday – 9:00 am – 11: 30 am
- Evening Options – Monday through Thursday– 4:00 – 7:30 pm
Childwatch + COVID-19
- All staff and children will receive a health screen before entry including taking temperatures
- To promote social distancing, room capacity has been modified.
- Childwatch spaces will be cleaned and sanitized before, during, and after close
- All children ages 5 and up will be required to wear a mask at all times while indoors, and outdoors when they are unable to maintain social distance. Please send a mask to childwatch with your child(ren).
Do my children need to be Gaston County Y Members?
- Yes, both parents/guardians and children need to be active Gaston County Family Y members to utilize childwatch services.
Do I need to stay at the YMCA while my child is in childwatch?
- Yes, childwatch is only available while a parent/guardian is at the Y. Adults may not leave the facility while their child is in childwatch staff care.
Why are hours so limited?
- We are excited to offer childwatch to our Y families and hope to expand hours as we see families return and the need for childwatch to grow.
Is there a time limit?
- Yes, there is a 90 minute time limit.
Is there a capacity?
- Yes, each room has a capacity. Once the capacity it met Y staff will inform adults at drop off that they need to wait until a space is available.
When do you clean?
- We clean the childwatch area before each day begins, during the day and after we close the room.
What should I bring to Childwatch with my child?
- We ask that you bring a labeled backpack and water bottle daily.
- We ask that all children wear socks.
- Socks are available for sale at the front desk if needed.
- All children ages 5 and over should bring and wear a mask.
What should I not bring with my child?
- We ask that you do not bring toys to share or food.
Is there anything special I should know about bringing my baby to childwatch at the Y?
- Please label your child’s diaper bag as well as the contents inside including diapers and wipes.
- There will be no bottle feeding at this time.
Can parents come into the room?
- No. Unfortunately, we cannot have parents enter the room. Only staff are allowed in the childwatch room.
My child is between the ages of 9 and 12. Can they workout with me?
- Yes! Children between the ages of 9 and 12 can workout in the cardio room as long as they are supervised. They can also swim with a parent in a lap lane as long as they have passed the swim test!