LEARN & PLAY BALL
Help your child develop skills, teamwork and confidence, all while engaging in healthy competition through Y sports leagues. The Y offers youth sports with a focus on character development. Y sports leagues provide a perfect opportunity to be active and social and reconnect with friends in the sport they love.
Instructors and Coaches – often volunteers and many parents – model fairness and hard work while emphasizing teamwork, cooperation, and developing good values in our sports programs. We are always looking for volunteer coaches that will recognize achievements large and small and understand that winning is not just about the score. By playing sports, kids and their families feel a sense of belonging that comes from a community gathering together to cheer on their team.
Play take place twice weekly at the Pharr Family YMCA fields in McAdenville.
|3—4||Tee Ball||Tuesday/Thursday||5:30—6:30 pm|
- League Ages – Children ages 3 – 4 will play in the following leagues: U5 3-4
- League age is based on child’s age on August 31, 2020
- League Dates – June 7 – August 7
- Location – Pharr Family YMCA (McAdenville)
- Practice – Once Weekly
- Days – Tuesday and Thursday
- Times – 5:30 pm
- Registration Open April 19 – May 22
- Late registration is between May 23 – 26 and will include a $10 late fee if space is available.
- League Fees –
- Y Members – $62, Program Participant – $88
- Playerspace processing fee – $3/player
- Participants need to provide their own glove and helmets.
The Gaston County Family YMCA is partnering with PlayerSpace, a sports league management and communication platform that connects players, parents, coaches and sports directors.
Click here to learn more.
Amazing Coaches –
Calling all amazing volunteer coaches ready to make an impact and build community! We are looking for coaches in every age group. Click here to submit a volunteer application today! Please consider coaching a team this season by indicating your interest at the time of registration. The Coaches Meeting is NEEDED.
- Coaches get first choice of practice day and time!
- Coaches get the honor of naming their team!
Tee Ball + COVID-19
Tee Ball is an excellent way to get the physical activity needed for a healthy life. Following guidance from the CDC and local agencies, we’ve modified our policies and youth programs to ensure everyone’s health and safety.
Here’s what you can expect when you come to the field:
- Participants need to provide their own glove and helmet.
- To promote social distancing league capacity has been modified.
- Spectators limited to two per household and social distanced from other spectators by 6 ft.
- Coaches, players, and staff will have their temperature checked prior to scheduled practices/games. Anyone with a temperature over 100.4 will be asked to go home.
- Masks are required for everyone in attendance, players can take their mask off while on the field.
- Strict sanitization and cleaning protocol have been implemented; including a minimum of 15 minutes between each practice and game to allow for proper sanitization.
- Each participant is asked to utilize hand sanitizer upon entry.
- Any changes due to the evolving nature of the COVID-19 pandemic will be communicated quickly.