BRING YOUR GAME
Youth basketball is an exciting sport combining team play and individual skills. YMCA youth basketball promises no getting cut and no bench warmers!
YMCA utilizes volunteer coaches to focus on participation and fun! While basic skills of the game are developed through practices and games, every child learns sportsmanship and values necessary to be successful in life.
As we continue to evolve our programs to fit within the current landscape, we want to ensure you there is no better place to learn the basics of basketball than where it was invented in 1891. Our youth basketball leagues help kids improve their skills, challenge themselves and grow in sportsmanship. Our basketball programs emphasize the values of team sports, including fair play, team work and having fun.
The Y will follow recommendations from the CDC, Governor Cooper, public school systems, state and local health departments, as well as the North Carolina High School Athletic Association.
Due to the circumstances surrounding COVID-19, the Y has adjusted some of our normal operating procedures.
Special Basketball Offer
Size 3 or 4 ball for just $15 at time of registration
- League Ages – Children ages 3 – 13 will play in the following leagues: U5 3-4, U7 5-6, U9 7-8, U11 9-10, and U14 11-13.
- League age is based on child’s age on August 31, 2020
- League Dates – June 7 – August 7
- Location – Stowe Family YMCA – 196 YMCA Drive Belmont
- Practice – Once Weekly
- Days – Monday, Tuesday or Thursday
- Times – 6:40 pm, 7:30 pm, 8:30 pm
- Registration Open April 19 – May 22
- Late registration is between May 23 – 26 and will include a $10 late fee if space is available.
- League Fees –
- Y Members – $62, Program Participant – $88
- Playerspace processing fee – $3/player
Amazing Coaches –
Calling all amazing volunteer coaches ready to make an impact and build community! We are looking for coaches in every age group. Click here to submit a volunteer application today! Please consider coaching a team this season by indicating your interest at the time of registration.
- Coaches get first choice of practice day and time!
- Coaches get the honor of naming their team!
Basketball + COVID-19
The YMCA will follow all local, state and federal guidelines and mandates concerning COVID-19. Our procedures may be modified as information is available.
- All coaches, staff and players will receive a health screen before entering the YMCA facility.
- 1 adult per athlete will be allowed to stay in the gymnasium in the designated viewing areas.
- Gymnasiums will be cleared between practice and games for cleaning and sanitizing.
- Sanitizing stations will be placed at the entrance to the gymnasium.
- Face coverings must be worn by everyone in the gymnasium.
- All players must bring their own labeled water bottles.
Despite all of the changes we have implemented, we still plan to have an exciting season with your athlete and above all, want them to have fun on the court!
Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org, 704-824-1131