DOWN, SET, HIKE!
Join the Gaston County Family YMCA for Fall Flag Football 2021. Our recreational league teaches fundamentals while learning to appreciate the sport of football and refine physical skills! We focus on family involvement, team building, confidence, and developing our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility, and faith.
|Coed athletes ages 5 – 10 will play in the following leagues:
Registration is open NOW through Saturday, September 25 online and at the YMCA. Registration after September 25 will result in a $10 late fee if space is available.
When and Where: Pharr Family YMCA – 208 Main Street McAdenville
Season Dates: October 18 – December 4
- Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday
- Teams will play 7 games beginning October 28th and ending November 23.
- One practice + One game per week
- Weather Make Up days are Sundays
Calling all awesome volunteer coaches ready to make an impact and build community! We are looking for coaches for both locations, and in every age group. Please consider coaching a team this season by indicating your interest on your registration form.
- Coaches get first choice of practice day and time!
- Coaches get the honor of naming their team!
Member – $62 Program Participant – $88
- All teams are led by volunteer coaches.
- All players will receive a uniform top and end of season award.
- All players are required to wear a mouth guard for their protection.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 704.824.1131
Youth Flag Football + COVID-19
Youth sports are an excellent way to get the physical activity needed for a healthy life. The Y will follow guidance from State and local officials to protect all players and families.
Details will be shared closer to the league start date.
- What are the age groups?
- U7 – Ages 5 – 6
- U9 – Ages 7 – 8
- U11 – Ages 9 – 10
- Age is determined by child’s age as of August 31, 2021
- Where are my games played?
- Games are played at the Pharr Family YMCA – 208 Main Street McAdenville
- What days of the week?
- Leagues days are Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Practices start at early as 5:30 pm and run for 50 minutes. These practices are once a week. Please indicate what days you are unable to practice on your registration form.
- What does my child need to play?
- A jersey is provided to your player from the YMCA but you will need to ensure that your child has a mouth guard These can be found at most stores that carry athletic equipment.
- Children also must wear closed toed shoes/running shoes. Cleats are not mandatory.
- Please always send your child with a water bottle.
- When does the season run?
- Season begins October 8 – December 4
- Each team will have 7 games scheduled
- Games will take place on Saturday mornings
- We will make every effort to make up any games cancelled due to weather on Sundays
- What does coaching entail?
- Coaching will require that you commit to practice once a week as well as a game.
- You will be provided with games and practice plans that you can fit to your team.
- 1 on 1 assistance with coaching skills available if requested.
- Coaching is a volunteer position and we LOVE our coaches.