REACH YOUR WELLNESS GOALS WITH US
NOW Offered Virtually
The Weight Loss Program is designed to help people seeking a healthier weight achieve their goals by making small, modest changes to their daily behaviors and forming sustainable, healthy habits. Rather than advocate for specific or restrictive short-term solutions, this program helps participants build skills for successful lifestyle changes and empowers them to self-design their action plans.
How It Works
- Group-based program (12-16 people)
- Meets 1 hour per week for 12 consecutive weeks – NOW MEETS VIRTUALLY!
- Participants weigh-in, track their food and physical activity, and create SMART goals each week
- Weekly discussion topics include creating a supportive environment, goal setting, balanced eating, physical activity, positive psychology and sustainability
- This program is $65 for Y Members and $75 for Program Participants who are not Y Members; consider becoming a member today!
The program is for adults 18 years and older who desire a healthier weight.
Check out this great video – Click here!
What Makes This Different?
Three key characteristics differentiate the YMCA Weight Loss Program from other programs in the weight loss industry:
- It’s non-prescriptive. The program’s approach is to empower, encourage, and provide tools so that participants design their own plansto support their weight loss goals within the context of their lives.
- It uses the power of the group. The program is designed to harness the power of the group by encouraging group discussion, group learning, group sharing, and group problem solving.
- It seeks to change the definition of weight loss. Every day, individuals face prescriptive messaging on how to lose weight (e.g., meal plans, diets, gym equipment, etc.)—messaging that has created the perception that weight loss can be achieved only by finding the answer or solution “out there.” The Weight Loss Program challenges this perception and is designed to help participants understand that they hold the answers within themselves to achieve their weight loss goals.
- Classes will be held in a Virtual ZOOM Classroom:
- January 27- April 14 | Wednesdays, 7:00 pm-8:00 pm
- January 29- April 16 | Fridays, 9:00 am-10:00 am
Contact Richard Hamilton with questions or to get registered for the program at email@example.com or 704.822.9622 today. Each class must have a minimum of 8 but may not exceed 16.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the Weight Loss Program?
The Weight Loss Program is designed to help people seeking a healthier weight achieve their goals by making small, modest changes to their daily behaviors, and forming sustainable healthy habits.
Who can enroll in the Weight Loss Program?
The program is designed for adults 18 years and older who desire a healthier weight. This program is not intended for individuals with specialized needs due to chronic disease or the onset of chronic disease.
How long is the program and how often does it meet?
This is a 12-week program that meets one time per week. Each weekly session is 60 minutes.
What happens during each weekly session?
Each week participants will weigh in, be introduced to a new topic relevant to weight loss, discuss as a group successes/challenges/suggestions around the weekly topic, and develop goals for the upcoming week. Topics covered during the program include: nutrition, physical activity, stress and sleep, positive psychology, goal setting and sustainability.
- Session 1: Get to know each other and yourself.
- Session 2: Get to know your environment
- Session 3: Goal setting
- Session 4: Putting it all together
- Session 5: Understanding food choices
- Session 6: Physical activity
- Session 7: Mindfulness
- Session 8: Positive psychology
- Session 9: Stress and sleep
- Session 10: All foods fit
- Session 11: Sustaining your progress
- Session 12: Celebrating your achievements
What can I expect from this program?
This program will introduce participants to behaviors that have been shown to lead to sustained weight loss, and help participants develop those behaviors in ways that fit into their personal lifestyle.
Will I receive a personalized nutrition or exercise plan in this program?
Because weight loss is unique to each person, this program focuses on helping individuals identify ways to make small, modest changes to their behavior within the context of their own life and in support of their weight loss goals. The tools provided during this program, along with the knowledge and support of the group, are used by participants to develop their own nutrition and exercise plans that work for them.
Contact us with any questions you may have. Please give us 48 hours to reply.