Red Cross Lifeguarding
Upon successful completion, students will receive an American Red Cross Lifeguard certification which includes lifeguard skills, first aid, CPR for the professional rescuer, and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) training. The certification is good for two years from the completion date.
- Online course work is due prior to the first day of class for all blended learning courses.
- Mandatory swim test includes:
- 300-yard swim (front crawl or breaststroke)
- 20 yards swim to retrieve and return a 10-pound brick
- Tread water with feet only for 2 minutes
- Attendance is mandatory for all session dates.
- Participants must be 15 years old by the date of the last class.
Register for a class today! All classes are blended learning over the course of two days – Friday session 4:00 -9:00 pm and Saturday 10:30am – 6:00 pm. There is online work to be completed before the first in-person class session.
- Stowe Family YMCA – 196 YMCA Drive, Belmont
- Warlick Family YMCA – 2221 Robinwood Road, Gastonia
Become a Lifeguard at the Y
We are always looking for dedicated staff members! In fact, we train new staff at our expense with our training agreement.
Contact Candace Hyde for more information if you are interested in lifeguarding at the YMCA by emailing email@example.com or calling 704.830.9622 today!
YMCA Members: $203.00
Program Participants: $261.00
Red Cross Lifeguarding Recertification
Recertification is available for Lifeguards whose certification expired less than 6 months prior to the course.
Program Participants: $163.00