Swimming and other aquatics activities are excellent ways to get the physical activity needed for a healthy life. Following guidance from the CDC and local agencies, we’ve modified our pool policies and aquatics programs to ensure everyone’s health and safety.
Here’s what you can expect when you come to the pool:
- To promote social distancing capacity will be limited in the pool
- 10 swimmers in the shallow end and 20 swimmers in the deep end
- Guests are asked to wear their swimsuit to the pool and will be assigned an area on the pool deck to prepare for swimming.
- Guests will step on a sanitizing mat and/or dunk shoes in sanitizing solution upon entering pool.
- Swim prep areas will be spaced out to ensure social distancing.
- Upon exit, guests will place any used shared equipment in the “to be cleaned” area.
|Pool Hours –||Thursday – Saturday 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm|
|Water Aerobics –||Thursdays at 11:00 am|
The Cherryville Outdoor pool will be open from June 20 – August 15, 2020.
GOGGLE UP AND JUMP IN
The Cherryville Family YMCA hosts summer fun at the pool!
There are a few things to remember before you pack up the family and head out to the pool.
- If it’s inflatable, it’s de-flatable, and lifeguards cannot see underneath them, so please leave inflatable devices at home. For example, beach balls, rafts, inner tubes …etc. Coast Guard approved floatation devices are always OK.
- There is a concession stand at the pool!
- Please apply sunscreen before arriving at the pool. Recently applied sunscreen can wash off in the pool and then the water becomes cloudy, making it hard for lifeguards to see properly.
Location: Ballard Park – 200 Guffy Road Cherryville 28021
- $3 per person
- Gaston County Family YMCA Members – Free!
Click here for Pool Rules
Click here for Our Lifeguard Promise