Your membership at the Cherryville YMCA includes the following benefits:
- Group Fitness Center
- Fitness Center, including state of the art cardio and weight training equipment
- Child Watch
- Outdoor Pool, Open summers
Programs Free with Membership
- Wellness appointments and assessments
- Group Exercise Classes – free classes providing a wide variety of cardiovascular, strength and flexibility workouts
Y Programs with Reduced Rates with Membership
- Swim lessons
- Youth sports teams
- Pool parties
- Afterschool care
- Summer Camps
- Teen Programs
- Active Older Adults events
The YMCA is a membership organization open to all people. Through our Annual Giving Campaign, the YMCA provides financial assistance Y Members based on the needs of the applicant and the availability of funds. Individuals needing financial assistance may apply at the Member Services desk.
Download a Financial Assistance form
Cherryville City Resident Discounts
In appreciation for Cherryville’s support of our YMCA, discounts of $1 to $6 per month are offered for Cherryville city residents, depending on the membership type. Bring your Driver’s License with in-city address, or power or water bill to receive the discount. No discounts are available with online registration.
Guests are welcome to use any Gaston County Family YMCA.
- Guests accompanied by a Y Member will be charged $10/person per visit.
- Guests not accompanied by a Y Member will be charged $20/person per visit.
All guests must complete and sign the Guest Waiver form and show a picture ID. A responsible adult, parent or guardian must sign in guests under the age of 18 and be present in the facility. Some restrictions on guests accessing facility or certain spaces due to heavy usage or seasonal programming may apply. Guests do not have access to childwatch services.
Please check with the facility before you arrive to see if any restrictions are in place.
Corporate Membership – Encourage Your Employees To Be Active
Healthy, happy people are good employees. The Y is excited to offer corporate membership options.
An estimated 25-30% of companies’ medical costs/year were spent on employees with excess, often preventable, health risk. Other benefits that companies see include:
- Increased morale
- Productivity and retention
- Decreased absenteeism
- Reduced health care costs