We are excited to share a new campaign tool that we are using to help communication the Annual Giving Campaign with our community. This online giving platform allows us to create and share individual fundraising pages personalized with your story to your friends and family.
It is as easy to set up and use as a Facebook page!
Your page can be shared via email, text, and social media. It is designed to be mobile-responsive to make fundraising a breeze. Your page will be helpful in reaching those in your network that you may not see regularly – especially due to COVID.
Tips for Success:
- Customize your story – Make it personal to you! Share your story. Let others know what the Y is important to you and your family.
- Build your list – Friends, neighbors, colleagues – so many possibilities. Think about who you know that has these three characteristics: cares about you, cares about the Mission of the Y, and has resources to give (at any amount)
- Direct asks are still best – Start by sending personal emails or texts to individuals. There is more of a direct ask compared to a blanket post on social media.
- Don’t be afraid to follow up. People need a reminder.
- Social Media helps tell our story! Direct asks are key but sharing on social media is great for advocacy and you never know who may see it! Tag your donors to publicly give them a shout out. It not only gives them recognition but it also exposes your post to their social circle!
- Our online giving platform does not accept pledges, only gifts paid in full. Donors can select a recurring gift to come our of their credit card or Paypal.
- Matching Gifts – Our online giving platform works with Double the Donation to assist with matching gifts. Donors can check here to see if they qualify or when making their online gift.
Starting your Page – It’s easy!
- Each YMCA has it’s own website dedicated to online giving
- Click the blue JOIN A TEAM TODAY! button on the top right
- Click Join a Team on the pop up box
- Follow the steps to set up your page –
- There are three customizable areas. See the image on the back.
- Set a goal – be bold! You can do it!
- Select your team – use the white box and type in your YMCA name
- Connect your Funraise page to your Facebook too!
- Start fundraising! It’s that easy!
Online Giving for Special Events
- Pledge 2 Plunge has transitioned from a Crowdrise site to a Funraise site in 2021.
- CLICK HERE to visit the page and follow the same steps as above.
- This site does not allow pledges, only gifts paid in full.
- Donors can select a recurring gift to come our of their credit card or Paypal.
Online Giving through the Community Foundation Run
- The YMCA participates in the annual Community Foundation Run and Match Fund.
- If your donor wants to give through the Run they must do so directly using this link:
- Run Website – CLICK HERE
- The Run does not accept pledges, just payments in full.
- All gifts must be made by Monday, April 23, 2021 to be eligible for the Match.