Registration for the 2022-2023 school year is open!
The YMCA is committed to providing children with a safe and positive experience while promoting unity, acceptance, and fostering a sense of self. Our afterschool program reinforces academics through a variety of fun and engaging structured activities, and provides time for homework, a snack, and physical activities and sports. Our trained staff strives to create an environment that supports children and their individual needs.
Location and Transportation
The YMCA hosts the afterschool program at 4 locations across Gaston County. Students will be transported from their school to their assigned Afterschool location. Please see the school assignment list below.
Available for K through 8th grade
Our daily schedule includes a variety of activities such as arts and humanities, science and technology, homework assistance, health, wellness, and fitness, character development, team building, and much more!
- Afterschool is from school dismissal until 6:00 pm
- Snack provided daily
- Daily activities include – Homework Assistance, Physical Activity, and devotion
Rides In/Out Maps
Registration is open for the 2022-2023 School Year! The YMCA Afterschool program follows the Gaston County Schools calendar. Students must register a week prior to attending. Each Wednesday is the registration deadline to participate the following week.
- Registration fee + PlayerSpace fee due at time of registration
- Weekly payments are drafted on the Friday prior to the start of the week
- If a location is full a waiting list will be available.
Available Program Options:
- 5 Days/week
- Optional Full Day Care of Out of School Days require additional registration – Click here
** The $10 processing fee is only applied one time per school year for our afterschool.
Financial Assistance is available to YMCA Members. These funds are raised during the Annual Giving Campaign. Please Download a Financial Assistance Form, complete and return to apply. Early registration is encouraged.
WHAT SCHOOLS DO WE SERVICE FOR AFTERSCHOOL?
Afterschool locations are determined by transportation routes and by proximity to each child’s school location.
Mt. Zion Baptist Church – Cherryville
|Beam Intermediate School|
|Cherryville Elementary School|
|Chavis Middle School|
Pharr Family YMCA – McAdenville
|Brookside Elementary School||Lowell Elementary School|
|Cramerton Middle School||McAdenville Elementary School|
|Gardner Park Elementary School||New Hope Elementary School|
|Holbrook Middle School|
Stowe Family YMCA – Belmont
|Belmont Central Elementary School||Mt. Holly Middle School|
|Belmont Middle School||North Belmont Elementary School|
|Catawba Heights Elementary School||Page Primary School|
|Ida Rankin Elementary School||Pinewood Elementary School|
Warlick Family YMCA – Gastonia
|Grier Middle School||Sherwood Elementary School*|
|Hawk’s Nest Elementary School||Southwest Middle School|
|Piedmont Charter School||WA Bess Elementary School|
|Pleasant Ridge Elementary||Woodhill Elementary School|
|Robinson Elementary School||York-Chester Middle School|
What if my school is not listed here?
- If your school is not listed, the YMCA can not serve your child with transportation to fill your afterschool needs at this time. By filling out this Interest form/waitlist we may be able to offer Afterschool transportation to your location in the near future!
- Parents/guardians are welcome to transport their child to the YMCA to participate in the program. Please contact us to confirm this option. S
Schools not currently served with transportation to Y Afterschool:
- Lingerfeldt elementary
- HH Beam Elementary
- St. Michael’s Catholic School
- Tryon Elementary
- Carr Elementary
- Chapel Grove Elementary
- Costner Elementary
- Gaston Virtual Academy
- Kiser Elementary
- Stanley Middle School
- Bessemer City Middle
- Bessemer City Central
- Bessemer City Primary
- WC Friday Middle
- Sadler Elementary
- Springfield Elementary
Stay Informed with Playerspace
Playerspace: Weekly updates, highlights, and specific weekly details are sent via email through a system called PlayerSpace. Please ensure that you register with an accurate, frequently checked email account in order to receive all our important program communication. We are as invested as you are in ensuring you get all the details you need to make your week run smoothly. If you are not receiving emails, please check your spam or junk filter and then make “playerspace” an approved sender. Follow us on FB, Insta for special highlights.
Click here to learn more about Playerspace.
Direct Phone Numbers for Afterschool by Branch
These phone numbers are to be used by participating program participants only. Phone lines are available during program operating hours only. For program inquiries please call the main branch.
STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA LEARNING LOSS GRANT
|The State of North Carolina provided grant funding to 33 community-based organizations throughout North Carolina to ensure afterschool and childcare options were available throughout the state.|
DID YOU KNOW?
- Did you know that every single YMCA employee is thoroughly background checked, qualified, caring, CPR Certified, and Basic Safety Certified?
- We are constantly evaluating our curriculum and standard of programming to ensure we’re giving your family thoughtful, relevant and ahead of the curve for after school content.
- Homework assistance is included.
2022-2023 Program Pricing:
5 Days per Week
YMCA Members $75
Program Participants $108
Registration Fee – $15 + Playerspace $10 one time fee
Optional Out of School Days
Out-of-school-day options are available to register for. See available days and times here.
Out-of-School-Day Day Rate
YMCA Members $40
Program Participants $60
Weekly Out-of-School-Day Rate
YMCA Members $170
Program Participants $255
Contact us with any questions you may have. Please give us 48 hours to reply.