IT’S TIME TO UNLOCK POTENTIAL
The YMCA is committed to providing children with a safe and positive experience while promoting unity, acceptance, and fostering a sense of self. Our afterschool program reinforces academics through a variety of fun and engaging structured activities, provide time for homework, a snack, and physical activities and sports. Our trained staff strive to create an environment that supports children and their individual needs.
Your child’s safety at the forefront. We are continuing to take precautions outlined by the CDC to ensure the health and safety of staff and participants, including limited group sizes and modifying adult to student ratios.
Registration is open!
Location and Transportation
The YMCA hosts the afterschool program at 4 locations across Gaston County. Students will be transported from their school to their assigned Afterschool location. Please see school assignment list below.
Our daily schedule includes a variety of activities such as arts and humanities, science and technology, homework help, health, wellness, and fitness, character development, team building, and much more!
- Afterschool is from school dismissal until 6:00 pm
- Snack provided daily
- Daily activities include – Homework Help, Physical Activity, and devotion
Rides In/Out Maps
Registration is open for the 2021 – 2022 School Year! The YMCA Afterschool program follows the Gaston County Schools calendar. Students must register a week prior to attending – each Wednesday is the deadline to participate the following Monday.
- Registration fee + PlayerSpace fee due at time of registration
- Weekly on the Friday prior to the start of the week
- If a location is full a waiting list will be available.
Available Program Options:
- 5 Days/week
- 3 Days/week
- 2 Days/Week
- 1 Day/Week
- Optional Full Day Care of Out of School Days require additional registration – Click here
- Flexible options for families! Days must be consistent and selected at the time of registration.
|Program||Y Members||Program Participants|
** The $10 processing fee is only applied one time a year for our afterschool and day camp programs. This one time fee for the year covers any future registration in afterschool or week of camp for the remainder of that year.
|Mt. Zion Baptist – 112 Mt Zion Church Rd, Cherryville 28021|
|Pharr Family YMCA – 208 Main St, McAdenville 28101|
|Stowe Family YMCA – 196 YMCA Dr, Belmont 28012|
|Warlick Family YMCA – 2221 Robinwood Rd, Gastonia 28054|
WHAT SCHOOLS DO WE SERVICE –
- Afterschool locations are determined by transportation routes and by proximity to each child’s school location.
Mt. Zion Baptist Church – Cherryville
|Beam Intermediate School|
|Cherryville Elementary School|
|Chavis Middle School|
Pharr Family YMCA – McAdenville
|Brookside Elementary School||Lowell Elementary School|
|Cramerton Middle School||McAdenville Elementary School|
|Gardner Park Elementary School||New Hope Elementary School|
|Holbrook Middle School|
Stowe Family YMCA – Belmont
|Belmont Central Elementary School||Mt. Holly Middle School|
|Belmont Middle School||North Belmont Elementary School|
|Catawba Heights Elementary School||Page Primary School|
|Ida Rankin Elementary School||Pinewood Elementary School|
Warlick Family YMCA – Gastonia
|Grier Middle School||Sherwood Elementary School*|
|Hawk’s Nest Elementary School||Southwest Middle School|
|Piedmont Charter School||WA Bess Elementary School|
|Pleasant Ridge Elementary||Woodhill Elementary School|
|Robinson Elementary School||York-Chester Middle School|
What if my school is not listed here?
- If your school is not listed, the YMCA can not serve your child with transportation to fill your afterschool needs at this time.
- Parents/guardians are welcome to transport their child to the YMCA to participate in the program. Please connect with Kelly Davis to confirm this option.
Schools not served with transportation to Y Afterschool:
- Lingerfeldt elementary
- HH Beam Elementary
- St. Michael’s Catholic School
- Tryon Elementary
- Carr Elementary
- Chapel Grove Elementary
- Costner Elementary
- Gaston Virtual Academy
- Kiser Elementary
- Stanley Middle School
- Bessemer City Middle
- Bessemer City Central
- Bessemer City Primary
- WC Friday Middle
- Sadler Elementary
- Springfield Elementary
Stay Informed with Playerspace
Playerspace: Weekly updates, highlights, and specific weekly details are sent via email through a system called PlayerSpace. Please ensure that you register with an accurate, frequently checked email account in order to receive all our important program communication. We are as invested as you are in ensuring you get all the details you need to make your week run smoothly. If you are not receiving emails, please check your spam or junk filter and then make “playerspace” an approved sender. Follow us on FB, Insta for special highlights.
Click here to learn more about Playerspace.
Direct Phone Numbers for Afterschool by Branch
These phone numbers are to be used by participating program participants only. Phone lines are available during program operating hours only. For program inquires please call the main branch.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Did you know that every single YMCA employee is thoroughly background checked, qualified, caring, CPR Certified, and Basic Safety Certified?
- We are constantly evaluating our curriculum and standard of programming to ensure we’ve giving your family thoughtful, relevant and ahead of the curve after school content.
- We offer flexibility for working parents! We now offer an option for those that need less than 5 days of care.
- Homework help is included.
Financial Assistance is available to YMCA Members. These funds are raised during the Annual Giving Campaign. Please Download a Financial Assistance Form, complete and return to apply. Early registration is encouraged.