RETURN TO LEARN
Emergency Childcare due to COVID-19
The school year will look different this year and the Gaston County Family YMCA wants to ensure that children have access to all of the opportunities they need to learn, grow and thrive. Whether it is a safe and enriching environment to go to after class, support for digital learning or the space to just be a kid, the Y is committed to creating education-driven programs that enhance your child’s school year.
Our programs are built with your child’s safety at the forefront. We are taking precautions outlined by the CDC to ensure the health and safety of staff and participants, including limited group sizes, assigning students to one group for an entire week and modifying adult to student ratios.
This fall we are excited to offer customizable options to fit your family’s unique needs during the school year. Our program offerings will support students in either A or B Cohort and Virtual Only Learners. Registration is now open!
The YMCA will transport children from their school to their assigned Afterschool Hub location following their in-school cohort days. There is no transportation provided for the full-day program. Please see school assignment list below.
Our daily schedule combines elements of our traditional Afterschool program and the traditional school day such as physical education, STEAM activities, facilitated virtual learning, art, and more.
- Afterschool is from school dismissal until 6:00 pm
- Full-day is from 7:00 am until 6:00 pm
The Y is working hard to serve children throughout Gaston County for the 2020/2021 school year and working in partnership with Gaston County Schools to support children as they return to learn. Please note, we are taking extra precautions to ensure the health and safety of all participants, therefore, spaces are limited and will sell out.
Registration is open!
Available Program Options:
- Cohort A Afterschool (M/T) Only
- Cohort B Afterschool (TH/F) Only
- 5 Day a Week Full-Day (M-F)
- 3 Day a Week Full-Day (3 consistent days of the week each week.)
- 2 Day a Week Full-Day (2 consistent days of the week each week.)
- 1 Day a Week Full-Day (1 consistent day of the week each week.)
|Program||Days||Y Members||Program Participants|
|Afterschool Only||Cohort A or B||$30||$40|
|Full-Day Program||5 Days per Week||$160||$200|
|Full-Day Program||3 Days per Week||$105||$135|
|Full-Day Program||2 Days per Week||$70||$90|
|Full-Day Program||1 Day per Week||$35||$45|
|Cherryville Family YMCA||K – 8th grade||$25|
|Pharr Family YMCA||K – 8th grade||$25|
|Stowe Family YMCA||K – 8th grade||$25|
|Warlick Family YMCA||K – 8th grade||$25|
WHAT SCHOOLS DO WE SERVICE –
- Afterschool locations are determined by transportation routes.
- Students from any schools are welcome to participate in the full-day program.
Cherryville Family YMCA – Cherryville
|Beam Intermediate School|
|Cherryville Elementary School|
|Chavis Middle School|
Pharr Family YMCA – McAdenville
|Brookside Elementary School||Lowell Elementary School|
|Cramerton Middle School||McAdenville Elementary School*|
|Gardner Park Elementary School||New Hope Elementary School|
|Holbrook Middle School*|
Stowe Family YMCA – Belmont
|Belmont Central Elementary School||Mt. Holly Middle School|
|Belmont Middle School*||North Belmont Elementary School|
|Catawba Heights Elementary School*||Page Primary School|
|Ida Rankin Elementary School||Pinewood Elementary School|
Warlick Family YMCA – Gastonia
|Grier Middle School*||Southwest Middle School|
|Hawk’s Nest Elementary School||WA Bess Elementary School|
|Robinson Elementary School||Woodhill Elementary School|
|Sherwood Elementary School*||York-Chester Middle School|
*Transportation provided by Gaston County Schools
Specific program sites are determined through a partnership with the school system and by proximity to each child’s school location. To ensure the health and safety of all participants, students must remain at one location.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Did you know that every single YMCA employee is thoroughly background checked, qualified, caring, CPR Certified, and Basic Safety Certified?
- We are constantly evaluating our curriculum and standard of programming to ensure we’ve giving your family thoughtful, relevant and ahead of the curve after school content.
- We offer flexibility for working parents! We now offer an option for those that need less than 5 days of care.
- Homework help is included.
Financial Assistance is available to YMCA Members. These funds are raised during the Annual Giving Campaign. Please Download a Financial Assistance Form, complete and return to apply. Early registration is encouraged.