MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS NOW – WE’RE OPEN!
We are open!
Cherryville, Stowe, and Warlick YMCAs are open with limited capacity. Please note that the Pharr Family YMCA will reopen on Monday, September 21. Stay tuned for details.
For the safety of our members and our staff, we will be following all local, state and national guidelines.
IMPORTANT DETAILS BEFORE YOU COME IN
- You MUST reserve your time online to come into your selected branch PRIOR to arrival
- Because the capacity of each Y facility has been reduced to adhere to safety guidelines, you may have to wait to enter the Y if we are at capacity when you arrive. Please be patient and know that these protocols have been put in place for your safety and to accommodate as many members as possible each day.
- If you placed your membership on hold, you must first reactivate your membership to make a reservation and come into the facilities
- Pharr Family YMCA will open at a later date. Stay tuned.
- At this time, no one under the age of 12 will be permitted in Y facilities unless registered in program.
- No guests are permitted at this time. Members Only.
- Pools closed 30 minutes prior to facility close.
- Sauna and steam rooms are closed at this time.
- Child watch is not being offered at this time.
- Nationwide Membership Update – Our national office has temporarily suspended our Nationwide Membership plan for the safety of members across the country.
HOURS OF OPERATION
The following Hours are for Warlick, Stowe and Cherryville YMCA facilities. Pharr will open Monday, Sept 21. Stay tuned.
Monday – Thursday
7:00 am – 1:00 pm
4:00 pm – 7:00 pm
|Friday||7:00 am – 2:00 pm|
|Saturday||7:00 am – 2:00 pm|
WHAT TO EXPECT
Please click on the offerings below to see what you should expect from certain programs and amenities during this time.
While we are excited to welcome members back inside, we recognize that the fight to stop the spread of COVID-19 isn’t over. North Carolina’s YMCAs have spent 24 weeks preparing to reopen facilities responsibly to ensure the safety of our employees and participants. In an effort to keep our indoor numbers small, we’re continuing our exciting virtual and outdoor fitness opportunities, keeping our pools open for as long as possible and delivering programs that improve spirit, mind and body.
The pandemic has hurt many, including our Y. Because of our donors and members who stayed with us, our Y has remained on the front lines, serving the most vulnerable members of our communities. This includes providing 185 families with essential childcare over the summer months, serving 33,701 meals to youth and seniors, collecting 305 units of blood at blood drives, and reaching out to 2,294 seniors to reduce loneliness.
We’re thrilled to welcome you back inside our Y, but not because you’re reconnecting to a gym. You’re reconnecting with a cause.
Welcome back to where you belong!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do I need to schedule an appointment to visit the Y?
- Yes! in May we launched a new reservation system. This allows members to make a reservation to visit the Y for outdoor fitness classes, lap lanes, and now indoor facility access! Please click here to view schedules and make a reservation today.
- Because the capacity of each Y facility has been reduced to adhere to safety guidelines, you may have to wait to enter the Y if we are at capacity when you arrive.
- Please be patient and know that these protocols have been put in place for your safety and to accommodate as many members as possible each day.
What Should I Bring?
- Please bring a workout towel and water bottle.
- Wear a mask in all common spaces when not exercising.
- Bring a mat if needed for class. We will not be providing mats at this time.
- If you are swimming, please wear your swimsuit upon entry.
- Water fountains are closed at this time, so you will need to bring your water with you. The water bottle refill will be in operation.
What Amenities are Available?
- Group Exercise –
- Outdoor Classes!
- Capacity will be limited to 25 for social distancing.
- Advance reservations are required for group ex classes.
- Click here to find group ex schedules and reserve your spot.
- Virtual Group Exercise remains available online
- Indoor Pools – Stowe and Warlick
- Reserved lane or water aerobic class use only. One person or family per lane.
- Lane or class reservations must be made in advance.
- Click here to reserve your lane now.
- Warlick Family YMCA Pools closed Saturday and Sunday
- Y Enrichment Program – Afterschool and Full Day
Which Areas Are Closed?
- Childwatch areas are not open at this time for childcare.
- Gymnasiums and sports fields are not open for group sports.
- Saunas and steam rooms are closed.
- Warlick cafe is closed at this time.
- Youth programs and other paid programs are limited at this time
- Other areas of the Y may be closed to adhere with social distancing guidelines.
Am I an “active member” if my Y Membership is on hold?
- No, your membership is not active if you have placed it on hold.
- To participate in outdoor group ex, virtual classes, indoor fitness or aquatics your membership must me active.