Get healthy at the Y. Stay healthy at the Y!
We continue to consult with state and local officials to ensure that our members and staff have an enjoyable, safe experience in our YMCA facilities and programs. Please read the following information to learn more about what we’re doing to maintain a healthy environment at your YMCA.
Please note: these protocols may change based on CDC guidelines and state and local directives.
MASK UP FOR SAFETY
The Gaston County Family YMCA is committed to the health and safety of our members, staff and community. On Monday, November 23, Governor Roy Cooper issued Executive Order 180 mandating face coverings requirements to prevent the rapid spread of COVID-19.
Following this latest executive order, masks will be required of all staff and members at all times inside YMCA facilities, including while exercising.
Mask must cover both mouth and nose.
Click here to learn more about the Mask Mandate
CLEANING AND SANITIZING
- The entire facility is cleaned and disinfected throughout daily operations and after closing each day.
- All equipment will be cleaned with disinfectant throughout the day (minimum of every two hours) and after closing each day.
- Members will be asked to use the provided cleaning supplies to clean equipment before and after each use.
- Frequently touched surfaces (examples: elevators, stair handrails and door handles) will be cleaned every two hours each day with disinfectant.
- Stair handrails will be cleaned with disinfectant a minimum of every two hours.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the building.
POLICIES AND PROTOCOL
- All staff and members are required to wear masks at all times while in YMCA facilities
- One-way in and out traffic patterns are implemented where feasible.
- Social distancing markers and reminder signage are posted throughout the facilities.
- Staff will monitor social distancing practices and policies.
- All staff will have their temperature checked upon entry.
- Any individual who displays any symptom of an illness may not enter the building.
- All staff will be screened about COVID-19 symptoms prior to entering the facility. We ask all YMCA members to review the signage posted throughout the facility.
IMPORTANT DETAILS BEFORE YOU COME IN
- If you placed your membership on hold, you must first reactivate your membership to make a reservation and come into the facilities
- At this time, no one under the age of 12 will be permitted in Y facilities unless registered in program.
- Pools closed 30 minutes prior to facility close.
- Sauna and steam rooms are closed at this time.
- Nationwide Membership Update – Beginning October 5, YMCA Members from North Carolina may utilize the Gaston County Family YMCA facilities.
HOURS OF OPERATION
|Cherryville & Pharr||Stowe & Warlick|
Monday – Thursday
7:00 am – 1:00 pm
4:00 pm – 7:00 pm
5:00 am – 1:00 pm
4:00 pm – 8:00 pm
|Friday||7:00 am – 1:00 pm||5:00 am – 1:00 pm|
|Saturday||7:00 am – 2:00 pm||7:00 am – 2:00 pm|
|Sunday||All Facilities Closed||All Facilities Closed|
WHAT TO EXPECT
Please click on the offerings below to see what you should expect from certain programs and amenities during this time.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do I need to schedule an appointment to visit the Y?
- Yes! We launched a new reservation system. This allows members to make a reservation to visit the Y for group exercise classes and pool usage! Please click here to view schedules and make a reservation today.
Do I need to cancel a reservation if my plans change?
- It is important to cancel your reservation if you can no longer attend a class. This allows other members to reserve a spot and participate in class and it provides our instructors with an accurate headcount. We ask that you cancel as soon as you know you cannot attend to allow for someone on the waitlist to take your space. If you reserve your spot and are more than 5 minutes late for the activity, you will forfeit your spot.
What Should I Bring?
- Please bring a workout towel and water bottle.
- Wear a mask – must be worn at all times.
- Bring a mat if needed for class. We will not be providing mats at this time.
- If you are swimming, please wear your swimsuit upon entry.
- Water fountains are closed at this time, so you will need to bring your water with you. The water bottle refill will be in operation.
What Amenities are Available?
- Group Exercise –
- Indoor and Outdoor Classes (weather permitting)
- Capacity will be limited based on class location for social distancing.
- Advance reservations are required for group ex classes.
- Click here to find group ex schedules and reserve your spot.
- Virtual Group Exercise remains available online
- Indoor Pools – Stowe and Warlick
- Reserved lane or water aerobic class use only. One person or family per lane.
- Lane or class reservations must be made in advance.
- Click here to reserve your lane now.
- Y Enrichment Program – Afterschool and Full Day
Which Areas Are Closed?
- Childwatch areas are not open at this time for childcare.
- Gymnasiums are not open for group sports.
- Saunas and steam rooms are closed.
- Warlick cafe is closed at this time.
- Youth programs and other paid programs are limited at this time
- Other areas of the Y may be closed to adhere with social distancing guidelines.
Am I an “active member” if my Y Membership is on hold?
- No, your membership is not active if you have placed it on hold.
- To participate in outdoor group ex, virtual classes, indoor fitness or aquatics your membership must me active.