Get healthy at the Y. Stay healthy at the Y!
We continue to consult with state and local officials to ensure that our members and staff have an enjoyable, safe experience in our YMCA facilities and programs. Please read the following information to learn more about what we’re doing to maintain a healthy environment at your YMCA.
Please note: these protocols may change based on CDC guidelines and state and local directives.
Following Executive Order 215 the YMCA updated the mask mandate:
- All fully vaccinated individuals are no longer required to wear a mask inside YMCA facilities, at YMCA programs, as spectators, while working out, while on the pool deck or while taking an indoor group fitness class.
- Individuals who are not fully vaccinated are encouraged to follow mask wearing requirements per NCDHHS.
- Staff, members, participants and guests are welcome to continue wearing a mask if they feel more comfortable doing so.
CLEANING AND SANITIZING
- The entire facility is cleaned and disinfected throughout daily operations and after closing each day.
- All equipment will be cleaned with disinfectant throughout the day (minimum of every two hours) and after closing each day.
- Members will be asked to use the provided cleaning supplies to clean equipment before and after each use.
- Frequently touched surfaces (examples: elevators, stair handrails and door handles) will be cleaned every two hours each day with disinfectant.
- Stair handrails will be cleaned with disinfectant a minimum of every two hours.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the building.
HOURS OF OPERATION
|Pharr||Cherryville||Stowe & Warlick|
Monday – Thursday
|7:00 am – 7:00 pm||6:00 am – 7:00 pm||5:00 am – 8:00 pm*|
|Friday||7:00 am – 2:00 pm||6:00 am – 2:00 pm||5:00 am – 2:00 pm*|
|Saturday||7:00 am – 2:00 pm||7:00 am – 2:00 pm||7:00 am – 2:00 pm*|
1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Wellness Area Only
*pools close 30 minutes prior to facility
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do I need to schedule an appointment to visit the Y?
- There is no longer a need to make a reservation for group exercise classes.
- Lap swimming and water aerobics will continue to need reservations at the Stowe Y.
- Pickleball reservations are required at the Warlick location.
- Please click here to view schedules to view available classes and make a reservation when needed.
Do I need to cancel a reservation if my plans change?
- It is important to cancel your reservation if you can no longer attend. This allows other members to reserve a spot and participate and it provides our instructors with an accurate headcount. We ask that you cancel as soon as you know you cannot attend to allow for someone on the waitlist to take your space. If you reserve your spot and are more than 5 minutes late for the activity, you will forfeit your spot.
What Should I Bring?
- Please bring a workout towel and water bottle.
- Bring a mat if needed for class. We will not be providing mats at this time.
- If you are swimming, please wear your swimsuit upon entry.
- Water fountains are closed at this time, so you will need to bring your water with you. The water bottle refill will be in operation.
What Amenities are Available?
- Group Exercise –
- Indoor and Outdoor Classes (weather permitting)
- Virtual Group Exercise remains available online
- Indoor Pools – Stowe
- Reserved lane or water aerobic class use only. One person or family per lane.
- Lane or class reservations must be made in advance.
- Click here to reserve your lane now.
Which Areas Are Closed?
- Warlick cafe is closed at this time.
Am I an “active member” if my Y Membership is on hold?
- No, your membership is not active if you have placed it on hold.
- If you placed your membership on hold, you must first reactivate your membership to make a reservation and come into the facilities