We can’t wait to see you as we take our first step towards reopening!
Beginning Wednesday, May 27 the Gaston County Family YMCA is opening indoor pools and beginning outdoor group exercise and fitness.
Please be assured that your safety is our number one priority. We have put careful thought and planning into our reopening.
We have followed guidance from the CDC, local health agencies and public officials to update our policies, practices and procedures to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene and make appropriate accommodations for social distancing so that every person who walks through our doors can stay safe and protected while getting back to what matters most: your health, your family and friends, and your community.
|Monday – Friday||7:00 am – 7:00 pm|
|Saturday||8:00 am – 2:00 pm|
|Sunday*||1:00 pm – 4:00 pm|
*Cherryville Closed Sunday
*Warlick Family YMCA Pools closed on Saturday and Sunday
- At this time, no one under the age of 12 will be permitted in Y facilities unless registered in program or participating in outdoor kids care.
- No guests are permitted at this time. Members Only.
- Nationwide Membership Update – Our national office has temporarily suspended our Nationwide Membership plan for the safety of members across the country.
- Pools close 30 minutes prior to facility close.
- Sauna and steam rooms are closed at this time.
We are ready when you are! Please take a look below to see what you should expect when you visit any of our YMCAs.
Do I need to schedule an appointment to visit the Y?
- Outdoor group exercise classes and pool use will require reservations
- Because the capacity of each Y facility has been reduced to adhere to safety guidelines, you may have to wait to enter the Y if we are at capacity when you arrive.
- Please be patient and know that these protocols have been put in place for your safety and to accommodate as many members as possible each day.
What Should I Bring?
- If you are swimming, please wear your swimsuit upon entry.
- Please bring a workout towel and water bottle.
- Bring a yoga mat if taking a yoga class. We will not be providing mats at this time.
- Water fountains are closed at this time, so you will need to bring your water with you. The water bottle refill will be in operation.
What Amenities are Available?
- Group Exercise –
- Outdoor Classes beginning Wednesday, May 27
- Capacity will be limited to 25 for social distancing.
- Advance reservations are required for group ex classes.
- Click here to find group ex schedules and reserve your spot.
- Virtual Group Exercise remains available online
- Indoor Pools – Stowe and Warlick
- Reserved lane or water aerobic class use only. One person or family per lane.
- Lane or class reservations must be made in advance.
- Click here to reserve your lane now.
- Warlick Family YMCA Pools closed Saturday and Sunday
- Summer Day Camp
- The Y will be offering summer day camp beginning June 8 at the Pharr Family YMCA.
- Information will be released on Saturday, May 23
Which Areas Are Closed?
- Childwatch areas are not open at this time for childcare.
- Locker Rooms and day use lockers are closed. Rented lockers will be available.
- Gymnasiums and sports fields are not open for group sports.
- Saunas and steam rooms are closed.
- Youth programs and other paid programs (group swim lessons, sports, parents night out, etc.) are not available at this time.
- Vending machines and Warlick Cafe are closed at this time.
- Other areas of your Y may be closed to adhere with social distancing guidelines.
Am I an “active member” if my Y Membership is on hold?
- No, your membership is not active if you have placed it on hold.
- To participate in outdoor group ex, virtual classes or aquatics your membership must me active.