Cherryville Family YMCA
Pharr Family YMCA
Stowe Family YMCA
Warlick Family YMCA
Group Exercise Class Descriptions
- Aerobilates – Hi cardio dance inspired floor aerobics will improve your cardiovascular endurance.
- Boot Camp – This is a high energy class that combines sport conditioning moves like jumping jacks with intervals of strength training to work your whole body.
- Cardio Kickbox- This cardio class draws from athletic conditioning and martial arts workouts with moves like plyometrics, kicks and punches adapted to the fitness class format. The fun and great music will motivate you!
- Fitness Fusion – This class combines strength and cardiovascular exercises in a unique combination that allows your body to work more effectively. You will challenge every muscle in your body while burning calories. Multi level class for all fitness levels.
- Fitness Mix Up- Mix up your routine with this class that will change your body. The class includes cardio, strength, multi-functional movements, bodyweight exercises and tabata training. All exercises are adaptable to every level exerciser.
- Fit for Kids – Fitness for kids age five and up. Kids will have fun while doing age appropriate aerobic exercises and playing active games.
- Silver Sneakers– Have fun and move to low level cardio with music through a variety for exercises designed to increase muscular strength, range of movement and activities for daily living. A chair is offered for support, stretching, and relaxation exercises.
- Hi/Lo – Multi level cardio work gets your heart rate up without the impact. Great for beginners.
- Line Dancing – Have fun dancing while getting your heart rate up and getting fitter.
- Low Impact– new members should try this class! It’s great for all fitness levels and will increase cardiovascular and muscular endurance as well as agility, strength, flexibility and coordination.
- Power Sculpt – Tone and sculpt your entire body using weighted bars. High energy and intensity. Great total body workout. Beginners should start with low or no weights.
- Prime Timers- for the more mature adult focusing on staying functionally fit through exercises for strength, range of motion, agility and flexibility. Uses chairs and a variety of equipment and can be done seated or standing.
- Senior Step – Learn basic step skills and improve your cardiovascular system as well as your strength and balance.
- Spin Cycling – Cycle indoors for an intense, low impact, cardiovascular workout. (Water bottle & hand towel required).
- Yoga – From mind, to body, to spirit, this class is a blend of physical movement to increase flexibility, balance, coordination, and strength, while it lengthens and tones every muscle of the body.
- Zumba – The Zumba® program fuses hypnotic Latin rhythms and easy-to-follow moves to create a one-of-a-kind fitness program that will blow you away. Our goal is simple: We want you to want to work out, to love working out, to get hooked. Zumba® Fanatics achieve long term benefits while experiencing an absolute blast in one exciting hour of calorie-burning, body-energizing, awe-inspiring movements meant to engage and captivate for life!
- BODYCOMBAT™ is the empowering cardio workout where you are totally unleashed. This fiercely energetic program is inspired by martial arts and draws from a wide array of disciplines such as karate, boxing, taekwondo, tai chi and muay thai. Supported by driving music and powerful role model instructors, you strike, punch, kick and kata your way through calories to superior cardio fitness. Like all the LES MILLS™ programs, a new BODYCOMBAT™ class is produced every three months with new music and choreography.
- LesMills Tone is the optimal mix of cardio, strength and core work. The challenging mix of lunges, squats, functional training and tubing exercises will help you burn calories and take your fitness to the next level.
- BODYFLOW™ is the Yoga, Tai Chi, Pilates workout that builds flexibility and strength and leaves you feeling centered and calm. Controlled breathing, concentration and a carefully structured series of stretches, moves and poses to music create a holistic workout that brings the body into a state of harmony and balance. Like all the LES MILLS™ programs, a new BODYFLOW™ class is released every three months with new music and choreography.
- BODYJAM™ is the cardio workout where you are free to enjoy the sensation of dance. An addictive fusion of the latest dance styles and hottest new sounds puts the emphasis as much on having fun as on breaking a sweat. Funky instructors teach you to move with attitude through this 55-minute class. So grab a friend, get front and center, and get high on the feeling of dance. Like all the LES MILLS™ programs, a new BODYJAM™ class is produced every three months with new music and choreography. Each new class will be a different dance experience depending on what’s current and hot.
- BODYPUMP™ is the original barbell class that strengthens your entire body. This 60-minute workout challenges all your major muscle groups by using the best weight-room exercises like squats, presses, lifts and curls. Great music, awesome instructors and your choice of weight inspire you to get the results you came for – and fast! Like all the LES MILLS™ programs, a new BODYPUMP™ class is released every three months with new music and choreography.
- BODYSTEP™ is the energizing step workout that makes you feel liberated and alive. Using a height-adjustable step and simple movements on, over and around the step you get huge motivation from sing-a-long music and approachable instructors. Cardio blocks push fat burning systems into high gear followed by muscle conditioning tracks that shape and tone your body. Like all the LES MILLS™ programs, a new BODYSTEP™ class is released every three months with new music and choreography.
- RPM™ is the indoor cycling workout where you ride to the rhythm of powerful music. Take on the terrain with your inspiring team coach who leads the pack through hills, flats, mountain peaks, time trials, and interval training. Discover your athlete within – sweat and burn to reach your endorphin high. Like all the LES MILLS™ programs, a new RPM™ class is released every three months with new music and choreography.
- CXWORX™ is the quick and efficient 30 minute workout that will tighten and tone your core muscles. It’s ideal for strengthening your entire core, while also improving functional strength and assisting in injury prevention. It’ll help you run faster … play harder … stand stronger!
- Sprint is a 30-minute High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) workout, using an indoor bike to achieve fast results. You combine bursts of intensity, where you work as hard as possible, with periods of rest that prepare you for the next effort. The payoff? You smash your fitness goals, fast.