What does the Y do in a time like this?
What we’ve always done! We care for people.
Throughout the Y’s history, we have been called upon to provide critical services during challenging or uncertain times. When state and local restrictions forced us to temporarily suspend operations in March, we quickly pivoted our staff and branches to focus on supporting our community and those most heavily impacted by coronavirus – because that’s who we are.
Donors like you are going to help us emerge from this crisis ready to tackle new challenges and even greater community need.
Now, more than ever, your gift is critical to sustain the Y and support those most impacted by COVID-19.
Support Our Neighbors
Rising unemployment. Out of school learning loss. New educational models. Increased support needs for working families. Social isolation. A public health crisis. In this unprecedented time, our community and the most vulnerable among us need the Y.
In the coming months, we expect to see a significant increase in the number of children, adults, and families who need financial assistance to participate in Y programs and services. Be a part of the change and the support system that will help heal our community. Your gift provides opportunities and access for all.
Sustain the YMCA
Our Y has been considerably impacted by COVID-19. We’ve suffered significant economic loss and setbacks while suspending operations and delivering limited services. Our fitness facilities were closed for 5 months, and while our team did everything they could to continue offering child care, extended learning, swimming, outdoor sports and exercise throughout the pandemic – we are not sustainable without our membership.
Many members chose to stay with us, but not enough. Our membership has dropped 50% and programs are operating at 50% capacity. Now more than ever, we need your support to keep our Y fully operational next year.
How Can I Support The Y?
- Every gift makes a difference. Find out more about ways to give and volunteer opportunities.
- Check to see if your employer has a matching gift program – click here.
Where Your Donations Go
- We have an extraordinary opportunity to ensure a brighter future for our community, but we need your help. Your gift to the Gaston County Family YMCA will have a lasting impact by helping us to reach more people through life-changing programs and services.
How to Give – Every gift makes a difference.
Submit a Pledge Form
- Click here for a pledge form and turn it into your local YMCA
Gifts of Stock
- Contact Kevin Wilson, 704.810.8598, for details on making a stock donation.
- Please include the name of the donor
- Please notify the Gaston County Family YMCA that the stock transfer has been requested and provide the name of the security and the number of shares transferred.
- Without this information we are unable to credit your donation to the correct fund or provide a tax donation letter
- If you have any further questions, please contact Kevin Wilson at 704.830.9633 or email@example.com.
Did You Know?
- The YMCA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and your donation is tax deductible.
- If you shop on AmazonSmile you can support the Gaston County Family YMCA! Click on the link below.