Join the Warlick Family YMCA for our third annual
Pledge 2 Plunge event on Saturday, April 24, 2021
Check out last year’s 2020 Pledge to Plunge video.
Who Takes the Plunge?
Local men and women from your community have been nominated and selected to take the big plunge into the cold Robinwood Lake. Plungers are challenged to raise a $2,500 per team. They go out into the community and collect pledges in hopes of raising the most money to raise both awareness and dollars for the Annual Giving Campaign.
This is where you come in! Support your favorite plunger(s) by making an online donation on their behalf!
Everyone! We are working to ensure we can celebrate safely and will share details that include our COVID considerations closer to the event.
We use an online giving page to help us collect and protect your online pledges.
Donate via our unique fundraiser page by selecting the in honor of one of our plunger teams!
This Campaign supports the following programs:
- Afterschool – YMCA Afterschool provides a safe and inclusive place for children after the final bell. Each day students participate in structured physical activities, homework help, and healthy snacks. During this time we aim to shape character by modeling, teaching, and reinforcing positive values to all students. The YMCA believes in the character development traits of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Faith.
- Summer Day Camp – Summer Day Camp is about developing skills, building character and making friends. Kids become a community as they learn both how to be more independent and how to contribute to a group as they engage in physical, social and educational activities.
- SAW (Safety Around Water) – Teaching children how to be safe around water is not a luxury; it is a necessity. The YMCA’s Safety Around Water program can help you make sure they learn essential water safety skills, which can open up a world of possibilities for them to satisfy their curiosity safely. Through learning how to perform a sequenced set of skills over eight lessons of 40 minutes each, the risk of drowning is reduced, giving your child confidence in and around water.The SAW program is a National Initiative. It came to Gaston County in 2019 at Lineberger Park, Erwin Center Pool and has been expanded to offer lessons at other locations.
- LiveSTRONG at the YMCA – The Y and LIVESTRONG joined together to create LIVESTRONG at the YMCA, a free 12-week physical activity and well-being program designed to help adult cancer survivors achieve their holistic health goals. The small group, research-based program offers cancer survivors a safe, supportive environment to participate in physical and social activities.
Check out these brave should willing to take on the chilly waters for a great cause!
|Team Pinnix||Team Parkdale Mills|
|Team PNC Bank||Team Tindol||Team Gastonia
|Team SteelFab||Team Pure Spaces||Team Edifice|
|Team Gaston College||Team Pointe Church|
Check out all the Plungers jumping in to support their local YMCA:
- 9:30 am Arrival
- 10:30 am – Plunger Team photos
- 11:00 am Plunge begins!
We are excited to bring people out to celebrate this FUNdraising event – that’s right! It’s a blast! We will host a tailgate-style event complete with corn hole, Big Kahuna snow cones, and more!
Oh no! It looks like rain!
We ask that everyone wears their mask at this event when not able to properly social distance.