Help us grow our community! Our movement is made up of people of all ages, faiths and abilities, all working side-by-side to ensure that everyone, regardless of gender, income or background, has the opportunity to live life to its fullest.
We value caring, honesty, respect and responsibility, and everything we do stems from this. Our volunteers are kids, parents, grandparents, neighbors and local leaders who are all personally committed to understanding what our neighborhoods need. Together, we use our knowledge to develop stronger, more inclusive communities, provide support for people and families, and promote positive change overall.
Community Outreach Volunteer
This volunteer opportunity is for those who want to participate in our Read, Feed and Lead program. Volunteers in this program help to deliver and distribute nutritious lunches and lead engaging activities to children who are food insecure in the summer months.
Youth Sports Coach
This volunteer opportunity is for those who have a passion for working with youth, and helping them develop new skills and make new friends through teamwork and good sportsmanship.
This volunteer opportunity is for anyone interested in assisting at our branch. This will include greeting members, managing scans, helping with paperwork, and any other general volunteer tasks.
This volunteer opportunity is for those who are interested in helping with family events, races, special projects, holiday events, and more!
APPLY TO BECOME A VOLUNTEER
The YMCA has partnered with PLAYERSPACE to assist with our volunteer process. Please take a moment to click the link for the YMCA location and apply to volunteer today!
1. To apply to volunteer, click the branch of your choice below:
Follow the prompts (or the step-by-step below) to create a PLAYERSPACE account and complete the volunteer background check. Fill in this information to gain access to the site, current volunteer opportunities and continue the process of becoming a cleared volunteer.
If you are already registered to be a volunteer, click here to log in
For questions about your previous volunteer account please contact email@example.com
2. Make sure you are on the Coaches and Volunteers tab. If not, Click the Coaches & Volunteers tab
3. Click the green Apply to Volunteer button
4. To view the volunteer opportunities that are available at each branch, click the Volunteer Opportunities button of your choice
Here you will see a list of all the branches and the positions that are available
5. Click the Apply to Volunteer button
6. Click the Register button
7. Enter your information to Sign in or Create Your Account
8. Click the Continue button
9. Confirm your name by clicking the I Certify the Name Displayed Above is my Name button
10. Fill out the required Background Check Application
11. Click the Submit Questionnaire button when finished
12. Click the I wish to continue button to confirm
13. You will then be redirected to your PLAYERSPACE profile, where you can begin filling out your Participation Requirements
Gaston County Family YMCA Handbook